Just saying Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying Hello

***Hi-new member here! I was dx'd with dry in May. I was using Theratears 3 times a day and doing well on that. This month the 110 degree weather hit my state of AZ and ever since my eyes are much worse! I use the Theratears when I'm not hurting too much--but when I am I use Refresh tears which is stronger. It seems thicker in my eyes and soothes better. I need to use drops more often now. I use Refresh Liquigel at night. I find it works great!
    ***I also should note that I am taking HRT-I read that birth control pills can cause dry eye--so I assume HRT can too. Menopause itself is a culprit-but I was on bcps for 10 years and have been in menopause even longer ( early menopause) and the dry eye only just started.
    ***It's been a bad year for me--due to other problems I am also on gabapentin for vulvodynia; and aciphex for Gerd. I wonder if any of these cause dry eye? Both drugs are new to me.
    ***Lastly I read vitamens can cause dry eye--and I do take those as well.
    ***I am thankful to find this site and hope to learn alot by reading all the posts here. I have alot to catch up on!!
    Hugs to all!
    Debe2

Welcome Debe 2.

I too am an early menopausal woman with DES, totally sent over the edge to severe dry eye by Lasik surgery. I feel your hot flashes!!

One thing you might try is using the hot compresses on your eyes. Hormones are considered the number one culprit for MGD (clogged up glands that release oil to keep your tears from evaporating). You can read all about it on this site. You might also ask you eye med to check your glands to see if they are blocked. But he/she needs to really press on them to see if they are functioning properly. Not all MD's seem to do that or know to do that.

Just a thought. The warm compresses also feel great and anything that helps keep the tears on your corneal surface is a good thing.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
    X