Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda new here

Hey everyone,
    I am new to this site, although I have posted a few times without introducing myself. Rude, I know. I have not actually been diagnosed with dry eyes, but I am having some dry eye problems recently. For some reason, I am not able to wear my gas perm lenses which I have tolerated for over 10 years since I was 13. My eyes feel dry, itchy, stingy, gritty, tired, and irritated, and my eyelids feel sticky. I don't know if this is related, but I get strange headaches on the sides of my head and my forehead that feel very tight and pressure like, making the top of my eyes hurt. This pressure also makes it really hard for me to open my eyes and at the same time, my eyes feel super dry. I do not have severe dry eye such that I cannot function, but it is bad enough that it interferes w/ the quality of my life. And I have a high pain threshold. I have already been to three doctors. The first doctor remarked that I had dry eyes, but did not give me any suggestions as to what to do. The second doctor said that I cannot have dry eyes because my eyes are not bloodshot. The third doctor ignored my dry eye complaint and prescribed me new contact lens, which feel more comfortable, but I still am not able to waer them for more than a couple hours.

I just wanted to say that I am so glad I found this website!! And now I am currently looking for a doctor that is good w/ gas perm lenses and the treatment and causes of dry eye (or whatever it is that I have).

The contacts could be the source of your problem, or at least a contributing factor. Many sufferers find they can no longer tolerate them. Try switching to glasses exclusively for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
    X