Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything on Nu-Eyes?

Hi all,

I am a new member. I have come across a product called Nu-Eyes that claims to be the cure for everything to do with eyes (I have a cataract as well as dry eyes). The website www.bionational.com seems to give no further information on the product or its use other than mentioning n-acetyl carnosine.

Has anybody any experience or knowledge of his product or n-acetyl carnosine? Thanks in advance.

Toby.

Nu-eyes

Hello Tobby - at this very moment, I have Nu-Eyes vials sitting in my refrigerator unused. I saw them advertised and thought that this had to be the "real deal". Unfortunately, they burn so bad when you put the drops in and they feel very drying. I talked to Dr. Holly about them, and he basically said "don't waste your money and don't use them". They do not deliver what they promise. He was right.

I have to tell everyone that yesterday I saw my eye doctor for the first time since I have been using the NutraTear, Dakrina and Dwelle. He said he had never seen my eyes look this good ever. He was very interested in the Dry Eye Zone website and was very impressed by what I told him about the drops. They really have improved my dryness.

So Toby, don't waste your $30.00 on the Nu-Eyes. Try the $10.00 Dwelle and you will be glad.

Comment

Try PubMed/scholar.google.com

Originally posted by Toby
      Hi all,

I am a new member. I have come across a product called Nu-Eyes that claims to be the cure for everything to do with eyes (I have a cataract as well as dry eyes). The website www.bionational.com seems to give no further information on the product or its use other than mentioning n-acetyl carnosine.

Has anybody any experience or knowledge of his product or n-acetyl carnosine? Thanks in advance.

Toby.
      Hi Toby. I don't know anything about Nu-Eyes but when I want to learn about something and see how it fares within the scientific/medical community I generally consult PubMed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed or www.scholar.google.com.

Both sites will give you peer-reviewed articles and clinical study results. I did a search in www.scholar.google.com for "N-Acetylcarnosine cataracts" which yielded 4 results. Three of which connected me to PubMed and some pretty interesting reading about clinical study results with N-Acetylcarnosine eyedrops and cataracts.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Nu-Eyes

P.S. Toby, if you go on the member list for me (Gaye) and look at all posts by Gaye, and then look at my post for May 16, (this may be page 4), Dr. Holly tells me exactly why Nu-Eyes is a waste of money. It is very interesting and explains why you shouldn't bother.
        Last edited by Gaye; 09-Aug-2005, 18:19. Reason: more specific

Comment

Hello Gaye and Cindy,

thank you both for your information. I am always wary of sites that claim everything but tell one nothing.

However, the trial results do look interesting and I will try and get some more info to discuss with my ophalmologist.

Best wishes to you both,

Toby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaye
            He said he had never seen my eyes look this good ever.
            Oh Gaye that is grrrrreat to hear. (Hope they feel better too. )

Try the $10.00 Dwelle
            By the way you can try any or even all of Dwelle/Dakrina/NutraTear just for the cost of shipping & handling ($4.75). We have 3.5mL bottles available at no charge, at least so long as supplies last, at www.dryeyezone.com/shop. (Just our way of protesting the excessive cost of trying all the possible remedies, having been there and done that.)
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Woo Hoo for free samples!!!

I'm narrowing down my eye drop selection. I've pretty much tried everything in the drug store at this point. All those bottles are moving from my side of the dresser to my husband's. I'm trying to wean him off the Visine "gets the red out" formula. He works in a dusty place and he's aging too so while he doesn't have the dry eye issues I have, he's digging the drops I send his way. I'm a RGP contact lens wearer and have also had good luck with "Soothe." It sure takes alot of trial and error to figure out which part or parts of your tear film needs help--this drop is for the lipid layer. The saline and those kinds of drops would just evaporate in my eye and cause more problems than if I didn't use them at all. Soothe is castor oil and mineral oil and sure gives a weird film for a few minutes, but it does help my eyes stay comfortable longer.

I went to the website and ordered my free samples and am anxious to try them because y'all have seemed to have good luck with them and I haven't seen any of those in any stores.

Comment

Working...
              X