New here....kinda long intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here....kinda long intro

I am new here. Found this site through a search engine.

There are days I could just scream my eyes hurt so bad. I know it is bad to rub them but I can't help it. I feel like all I do is put eye drops in constantly and still can't get any relief. I have been through so many brands just looking for that perfect one. Haven't found it yet but then again, haven't gotten the restasis yet.

I had a hysterectomy in April and that is when I first noticed how my eyes seemed "glued" in the mornings. No discharge or anything, just didn't want to open and when I did get them open boy did they hurt. I tried bione tears. My dad has dry eye and that is what he uses. At first I thought it was just a hoax since after all, I had just had surgery. Maybe it was something that they gave me causing the feeling. Nope...I know that now.

I was finally diagnosed with dry eye after a visit to the eye doctor for a corneal abrasion. When he started asking me questions then he did a tear test and said, yep you have chronic dry eye is what he called it. Hence, the reason for the abrasion is what he said. Anyway, at that point he put me on some meds and I had to go back every few weeks for a recheck....those darn abrasions just weren't going away. Well, after my fourth trip to him he said he wanted me to try some restasis. He was out of samples so he gave me a script. I am STILL waiting on the pharmacy but was told that hopefully this week it will be in. Boy that stuff is expensive so I hope it works. My insurance doesn't cover it at all.

So that is my story. I am here to learn more and all I can about dry eye. I know it is a painful condition and one that my eye doctor said I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

Hi Lisa.

Sorry you had to join the ranks of "dry eyed" people. You did come to a place where others are battling the same problem. We are here for a variety of reasons. First, some affirmation is always good when you see others are dealing with the same thing. Some will get information, others friendship and understanding.

Most people can also add to our group with diverse experience. Your doctor telling you will "have to live with this for the rest of your life" is not necessarily true. That was not a very productive thing to tell you. Some people find a variety of things that help. Also, there are lots of things being worked on now for dry eyes. There will be some women who can relate to your hysterectomy situation, I'm sure. My dry eyes are from lasik surgery 6 years ago. Again, welcome aboard.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Welcome! I hear ya'. I had a hysterectomy, then I had LASIK and now I have dry eyes.

If you're up for trying yet another drop while you wait for Restasis, you might consider trying Dwelle or Dakrina. You can find them in the Dry Eye Shop on this site. I used to have recurrent corneal erosions (happened in the morning just as you described). They finally stopped after I used Dwelle for a few weeks. I used Dwelle for a year or so and then Dakrina and now I use NutraTear. I still have dry eye but haven't had an erosion (abrasion) for over three years.

I'm sorry for your discomfort. I know what it's like.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
      X