Hi, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, need help

My name is Jen and I recently had LASEK one month ago. The actual procedure went well, no immediate side effects. My vision is still very blurry and is about 20/70. The Dr. says that my dry eyes are interfering with healing. The dry eye started about two weeks in, even after contsant use of artificial tears systane. So, I went back in and the Dr. put upper plugs in, cut back pred forte to 3x a day and started me on Restasis and gave me optive drops and Genteal to try. That was a week ago and I am in worse misery. The annoying dry eye is turned painful and all eye drops seem to sting. I have called and they told me to use gel at night that is all. Is this normal? Is chronic dry eye an effect of LASEK/PRK, Iknow it is with Lasik but PRK? Could this be allergies, I was on Elestat prior to the surgery. Any input would be appreciated. I am just fearful about this as I do not seem to be progressing and am in constant discomfort. Thank you

Hi

I had LASIK done but understand that PRK can give some initial dry eye. As you are only 1 month in i think there is a good chance you will be ok. It can take a while for the eye to heal. As you don't have a flap that was created your nerves have not been cut.
    With less dry eye as time goes on i expect your blurred eyes will get better and you will see more clearly. If your eyes got worse after taking restatis i would stop that. Maybe its too soon after your surgery to be taking an eye drop that stings/ burns the eyes. I would just use preservative free liquid drops every half an hour throughout the day.
    Best of luck, keep us posted

Comment

progress?

Thank you for your response. I am tryiing to use preservative free drops now, Refresh Endura. While they sting they seem to work. The Genteal gel is great for nightime. I am currently out of town and I seem to being doing better. My contact intolerance seems to have begun when I moved to a new area three years ago, I developed allergic asthma and allergies then. So, I think that there are some environmental issues, house too? My case may not be as severe as others and may or may not be transient but this outlet helps.

Comment

Hi Jen,

I will just second what Caroline already said. You are very early and will most likely start feeling better soon. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

-Shells

Comment

Working...
        X