ocular rosacea, pingueculas,and sad bloodshot eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocular rosacea, pingueculas,and sad bloodshot eyes

I haven't really posted much on this site before but thought I would today as I am having a difficult time... I need to be better about managing my ocular rosacea as it is currently flaring up terribly -- aggravated by the lights and ventialtion system at work. The bloodshot patch in one eye (pingueculitis and ocular rosacea) is now darker than the blue of my iris. People used to stop me on the street and comment on how pretty my eyes were - but that all ended when I was 27 and began seeing the effects of the dry eye trouble that began for me at 24. Now my eyes are terribly bloodshot all the time. Strangers ask me if I am ok, or just look at me like I'm on drugs. My students (I'm a professor) gossip that I'm hungover or stoned because of the veiny webs in my eyes, and I have a difficult time engaging with people on a social level. To sum it up, I'm only 30 years old and my confidence is shot. I've been on restasis twice daily for about 6 months and have been washing my eyes carefully morning and night. I also use genteal severe dry eye gel about 4 times daily. This has helped with the pain somewhat and the dryness is a bit improved according to my doctor. But the redness seems permanent, probably partially due to the large pingueculas in each of my eyes - very easily irritated. I'm thinking about getting goggles and going back on doxy for a while. Need to start taking my omegas again,too. This is such a difficult issue, particularly as I am an artist and art teacher and rely on my eyes for my livelihood. How ironic that I teach people how to observe things when it often hurts me to open my eyes. Although really it is more discomfort than pain now that I have Restasis. Anyhow, I am grateful that my vision is still good but worry for the future if I cannot get my symptoms under control. My eyes have deteriorated alarmingly quickly over the past 6 years, and again I am only 30. Lately I have been wondering if my hormones are not also exacerbating my dry eye issue since I have some symptoms of hormonal imbalance as well (severe melasma). Well, sorry for the long post -- I guess I needed to vent in a forum where people understand. I am certainly open to suggestions for new eye drops or meds I may not have tried. Has anyone tried oracea? Has Omega 3 or vitamins helped anyone with redness? Any ideas about which moisture goggles would least obstruct my vision if I am working on my art at home?

Hey there,

sorry to hear that...I'm 24, musician (student) and have had chronic red eyes for as long as i can remember.....well, there is not a lot to say about it...it's sad, But...i think intelligent, sensitive people (the people I like) understand that someone might have some problems with their eyes. I'm a college student and use all the time something like a tinted glasses (a bit like elthon john?! )...again, until i fix this problem (i hope i will fix it one day somehow) i just think that we should not make the problem even bigger than what it is...ok, there are some chronic vessels in the eyes...but for example sometimes people have skin with lots of pimples ....so, please remember that there a lot of people who can understand you are having some problems with your eyes...hope this helps feel free to p.m. me whenever you want. ..oh and Art....that's surely something bigger than 4,5, 40? stupid vessels.

Comment

Working...
    X