Feeling better with Lacrisert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling better with Lacrisert

I had Lasik on 3/28/08 and ended up with extreme dry eyes. This forum and website have been invaluable as my doctor is very open to new ideas, but doesn't necessarily keep up on the latest!

Currently, I use Restasis morning and night, Lacrisert during the day and Refresh gel with an eye mask at night to keep my eyes closed. This seems to be the best combo for me right now.

Is there anyone else out there using Lacrisert and do you have any helpful tips for using it? I'm in my second month with it and notice that at night it becomes sticky, especially if I'm taking allergy meds that dry my eyes even more.

Also, if you have any experience with waterproof mascara that is actually artificial tear-proof, please share! I'm tired of having black marks under my eyes!!!

Thanks!

Hello shan99,

I avoid waterproof mascara because I find it irritates my eyes more. I gave up mascara on the lower lashes.

I avoid the black marks by a 3-step process: I put mascara on the top side of my lashes, then brush the lower side with a clean eyelash brush to assure good separation and eliminate clumps. Then I use a clear mascara on the lower side of the lashes and sometimes brush upward again with the lash brush. Then I use a dampened q-tip to clean the lid margin below the lash roots, to reduce mascara that could get into my eyes.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Working...
    X