• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very red, dry eye story…

I am new here, I appreciate to forum.

In March this year, it started:
    Very red eyes!!
    Even the eyelids (insides) are more red than normal
    They feel rough and gritty and nothing seemed to offer any lasting relief.
    If /when I wake up during the night, my eyes hurt a great deal and are very puffy around the lids. If I stay awake this will slowly subside.
    I tried Visine for several weeks but it did not last long and after continued use actually seemed to make things worse.
    I also noticed that my sight was not nearly as good as it had been and thought that maybe my contacts were the culprit.
    Went to the doc and he said the corneas were very scratched up.
    He prescribed some drops, (I think it started with a P maybe Pantanol), cost about $100 for a tiny bottle and did nothing.
    He then put me on some antibiotic drops that cleared things up nicely but the redness returned shortly after I stopped taking it.
    Then he put me on Lotemax. That really cleared them up for the day time redness but a couple of days after the course was over they became red again.
    When I requested more Lotemax, he advised that long term usage of that was not good he said Alrex was similar so I was to use that but it did not work nearly as well and after time started to fail to keep them clear.
    Al through this time the night time symptoms are still there regardless of the meds I am on.

About two months ago I awoke with a bump under my eyelid. I went to see him and he said it was (in layman’s terms) like a pimple or an oil duct had become clogged under the eyelid. He gave me stuff to use to wash the lids and said it should go away in a matter of days. That afternoon, it started to drain and was relieved soon but my eyes started running (watering) and have been running since, I also have the sensation that something, like a sleeper, is stuck on the eyelid but there is actually nothing there. Some build up in the corners of the eyes in the morning but when a awake not much.

Thinking this was some allergy at first, I have tried to eliminate every variable I can think of except foods but to no avail. Different contacts, solutions, not wearing contacts at all for weeks, you name it I think I have tried it.
    Now I am sick of trying to deal with this and sick of walking around looking like I've been doing bong hits all day.

If anyone can help-please do, if not I thank you for allowing me to vent.
    Roy
Working...
X