Introduction-Hello fellow sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction-Hello fellow sufferers

I've been dealing with dry eye and conjunctivochalasis in both eyes for 5 years now. I've been using Restasis, Alrex, Pataday and OTC Celluvisc eye drops and although these drugs make it tolerable, I am considering having the amniotic membrance transplant surgery. I am looking for folks who have ad this surgery. I live on the West Coast of Florida and my eye dr. is a well-known and well-respected Corneaologist, but I still want to get first-hand opinions. Found this website today after getting a 'brain surge' that caused me to Google "conjunctivochalasis Support Group" -- finding this website was literally an answer to much prayer.

Reply from Richard Esser

Originally posted by Linda Higgins View Post
    I've been dealing with dry eye and conjunctivochalasis in both eyes for 5 years now. I've been using Restasis, Alrex, Pataday and OTC Celluvisc eye drops and although these drugs make it tolerable, I am considering having the amniotic membrance transplant surgery. I am looking for folks who have ad this surgery. I live on the West Coast of Florida and my eye dr. is a well-known and well-respected Corneaologist, but I still want to get first-hand opinions. Found this website today after getting a 'brain surge' that caused me to Google "conjunctivochalasis Support Group" -- finding this website was literally an answer to much prayer.
    Linda, I know that you are aware that I recently had this surgery and have benefited. I too tried every drop that you mentioned. In the early stage of this pathology the drops provided temporary relief. This is understandable in that a steroid, for example, will reduce some of the inflamation in the conjunctiva and also help with the dry eye. However, conjunctivochalasis is a progressive eye disorder and can also spread to the superior conjunctiva. Regarding the surgery, I found it to be very simple. It is somewhat painful for a few days but I was given percocet 5mg's for the pain. I also have the early stages of this condition in my right eye which I plan on taking care of sometime next year. I am aware of three excellent surgeons in Florida that treat this condition so the help is out there.

Richard

Comment

Working...
    X