Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello + Redness After Compresses?

Hello!

I have no idea why I've suddenly started suffering from dry eye. I was recently ready to undergo LASIK, but after the consultation I woke up after a night out to bright red painful eyes. At first the opthalmologist said it was an eye infection and treated me as such, then it was an eye allergy etc....all the time these laser people were insisting I was fine for surgery - but I digress

My eyes were so sore I went to my local eye casualty, where they told me I was barely making any tears (but only tested this with some fluorescent dye) and were horrified I was going to have surgery, I canceled.

I've been using some preservative free eye drops during the day and preservative free cream at night (it looks like vaseline) but it's just not helping sufficiently. I hate my glasses and am devastated that I have to wear them constantly, my self esteem has plummeted. I've also tried hot compresses which don't help either. What I find most strange is that my eye lids are very puffy (i'm 24 so not due them like this just yet!) especially first thing in the morning, it's as is they're just sort of blocked up there. Compresses only make the puffiness worse and my eyes are much redder after a compress.

I'm waiting to see a consultant but there is a 3 month wait here so I'd love some tips whilst I'm waiting!

Many thanks

Claire

Hot compress cannot used when any inflammation, allergies and sored eye happening. It will make worser.
    To hot or to long also hurts you eye.

Glasses would be your good friend now. See those LASIK story on this forum...

You may change your bedtime use ointment to others like gel. And found which eye drops better for you now. Hope taking rest would get back your eye.

3 month is too long for taking action on the eye

Comment

Working...
    X