No announcement yet.

Can alcohol make rebound redness worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can alcohol make rebound redness worse?

can this happen? I mean my eyes get red every morning and get red every few hours. Not ocular rosacea. So can drinking or running or what not, cause this to become worse. They are already red most of the day and i have to put red out drops in them. Then they get worse when i move around or what not?

also, why are my eyes just red underneath. The tops of my eyes are VERY WHITE. Bottom is a different story. THat is where the redness starts and see blood vessels. Why

Comment

Rebound redness

Yes alcohol does make your eyes redder - especially if you use OTC drops -

Are you stopping these drops

Comment

yep. I am stopping. Been two days now. However, i am thinking eyes might be allergy related. I have a dog that SHEDS like crazy. I wake up with eyes red and burning. I leave my house they get a little better. Sometimes they are better on different days. Weird. When i look in the mirror, i see blood vessels but i also see like water on outside of eyes. Like a film coating. I dont itch. Nor do my eyes water. My eyes might itch every now and then but nothing drastic. They do burn though. When they burn worst, is when they look like tears covering eyes or water? That sign of allergy eyes. Seems to get worse when at home sometimes or looking at computer screen or what not. But might just be healing i hope due to the OTC drops. How long does it take to see results from this?

Thanks

Comment

Hello

Good your getting tears - means you probably don't have drastic dry eye -
          It will take months to get clear after abusing eye drops - took me a long time

Comment

i know. I dont think i have dry eyes, however i think i have allergy eyes., I did read that if eyes are red at bottoms and middle and not the top, probably due to allergies. My eyes at the top are WHITE. So not the whole eye is red. Just bottom and middle. I dont think i have dry eyes honestly. It might be dry due to things like allergies or use of OTC but not sure. SO your eyes did come back to form after quitting OTC drops. Heard they dont. If i have allergy eyes, do they hae to itch???I have reddish rashy red spots on arms and upper chest also, Might indicate allergy as well? Let me know. Also my body heats up easil and flush at times making my eyes get red as well. Might be allergic reaction or something.

Comment

Stop to use eye drops for remove redness!
              Those totally don't help, it only remove your redness for a while, but you are hurting you eye for continous using it.

Cause of redness can be tired, dirty air, dryness/humiditity. Nothing stops red eye for long use of computer...Take rest is best way to remove redness...

Drinking alcohol things? It hurts liver, of coz it make your eye worser

Comment

also, whenever i workout, my eyes get red immediately? Why is that? From use of OTC drops or allergies or what not? LIke i said, my eyes are kinda already red, they just get worse when i run around, etc...Why is that?

Comment

When you run the wind is getting in your eyes and drying them out, also alchol dehydrates you so it to will dry out your eyes. You need to use perserative free eye drops, you can buy them at the drug store. The drops to get out redness have perseratives which irritate the eyes after a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X