Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes get worse

Hey everybody!

I'm 23yo, from Germany, and i'm suffering from dry eyes since winter 2006 (or: since my first "diagnose").
    So, this is my story:
    I always was a fan of computer games and due to this I've been sitting in front of my pc for years. I never ever was mentally in good condition and visited a psychologist in spring 2006, who diagnosed depressions. He gave some anti-depressants to me, "Fluoxetin 20mg" (and I wasn't aware that those meds could cause dry eyes). I have had much stress and trouble at work at this time and my daily routine was almost like this every day:
    -go to work early in the morning
    -come home late in the evening
    -play computer til the late night

In winter 2006 I suddenly realized a scratchy and burning feeling in my eyes. After some time had gone I went to my eye-doctor. She said:"I'm sorry, you have dry eyes." and gave me a bottle of tear-drops.
    I thought: "Dry eyes? What is that?" and didn't take care of it.
    Throughout the year 2007 it slowly and gradually has got worse.
    Since spring 2008 my dry eyes really got me. It annoys me a lot, I take tear drops more than 20 times a day, I have a vitamin-A cream for the nights, and some kind of gel(Biolan-Gel) every morning and evening.
    I can't go out anymore, because smoke and alcohol force me to close my eyes.
    One week ago was the last time I visited my new eye-doctor. He just made some tests, and said I would have enought tears, my meiobiam-glands were open, my cornea is in good condition, but my eye-mucosae were extremly dry. According to him it doesn't matter what origin or cause the dry eyes have, I have to live with it and there are no other means of therapy for me.

He didn't respond to my most important questions, I'm afraid I'll get blind due to my dry eyes! I'm highly in panic now, have no proper diagnose and must cope with this all. I even don't know if it's gonna get worse in future?!

(Sorry for my bad English!)

Sad greetings,
    maximus!

Protect your eye, don't let it dry up especially at bedtime.
    Play fewer computer game (I also...very hard...haha).

Do exercise, if you trust, visit chinese doctor to improve your health, or having something like blueberry caps. You may getting better for a after long period of rest.

Now it is winter, it is worse time.

Comment

Working...
    X