blurrines at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blurrines at night

I have dry eye and dry mouth. With eyeglasses I can see during the day and at night. I am able to wear my contacts during the day, but when night comes, my vision becomes blurring with contacts. Has anyone else had this? what do you think? What do you recommend? Thank you...

Hello skolodny,

What type of contact lenses do you wear: soft or RGP?

Does the blurriness occur after wearing the lenses all day? Or does it also happen when you insert the lenses for evening wear?

Have you had refractive surgery, LASIK/LASEK/PRK?

Do you need reading glasses?

Regards,

Lynne

Comment

Blurryiness at night

Thank you for responding. I wear soft lens, and I generally put them on around noon. Typically, I will be outdoors a majority of the time. No Lasik surgery, and no reading glasses. However,at night my eyesight becomes blurry. I did some research about night vision going blurry. There was some articles about small optic zone abd front aspheric optics with respect to wearing contact lenses. Then, I read something about "cones" and "rods" in my retina, and how people can see clearly in daylignt, but blurred vision at night or in semi-darkness. The article goes on to say that my condition may be helped with a prescription prescribed for night driving or outdoors night vision at a distance. What do you think? Thank you!!!

Comment

Hello skolodny,

Some of the blurriness may be due to the lenses getting dirty during your wearing time. Dry eyes / lack of lens wetting can cause some distortion of the lens, changing its refractive properties. Soft lenses have a high water content, and when they lose some of that water, their shape changes. (I wore soft lenses for about 15 years before having LASIK)

If the lens correction is a bit short of perfection, you will see distortion due to the correction shortfall, made worse by pupil dilation due to dim light. Soft lens wearers often neglect minor astigmatism correction. It may be little noticeable in daylight, but will be more of a problem in dim light.

In conclusion: Getting driving glasses to wear at night over your soft CLs is probably a good idea. You might also consider getting fitted with RGPs instead - the vision they give is of much higher quality than soft lenses. RGPs allow more oxygen transport to the eye surface, so are better for the health of your eyes. They are very comfortable for long-term wear. If I had ever tried RGPs, I wouldn't have had LASIK . . .

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Working...
        X