Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI i have just joined and i am amazed at how many people are suffering with dry eyes. i had punctual cautery done no improvement then had conjunctival
    resection done on both eyes, no improvement, i have beeen on restasis for 6 weeks no improvement i have seen 5 opthamologists no. 5 prescibed lacriserts which i will start tomorrow and referred me back to opthamologist no. 4 who refuses to return my calls to make an appointment with him. i am in so much discomfort, i have made an an appointment with my family doctor to see if he can help. the opthamologists i have seen dont seem to understand how debilitating this is, reading is a problem, iused to do watercolor painting and cant now because of my eyes. we live in a very dry climate and i was told to just move tooo a more humid climate that would solve my problems. easier said than done my husband has a good job here and family are here too. i am just about att the end of my rope, i feeel that if i could just scoop my eyes out for a while it would relievee the pain and discomfort dont worry i wont do it. my eyes ache most of the time and ii feel nauseateD I AM SO FRUSTRATED

Hi, I don't have much comfort to offer - just thought I would offer my sympathy. I'm a sufferer too, although mine is getting better. I don't think mine was as severe as most people here to start with though.

In Canada we don't yet have access to Restasis so my eye doctor prescribed Fluorometholone, which does seem to have helped. I took a two week vacation to Dominican Republic where the high humidity also really helped and I'm told the surface of my eye has improved. Now I'm using Systane Ultra during the day and Celluvisc at night. The Systane Ultra seems quite good, compared to regular Systane, which I did not find helpful at all. I also do the warm rice baggie treatment 3 or 4 times a day and I find that is very good.

I too, was surprised how many people have this condition and so many have it so bad. I desperately hope to get better and hopefully you and all the others will too.

Comment

Why conjunctival resection? What type of procedure is it? When is it used?

Just curious,

Thanks

Comment

Copper1, I'd like to know about the "resection" also. If this is what I think it is.......it cost you or your insurance company a pile of money. If this is so, this doctor needs to treat you and get to the bottom of the problem because if you're still in pain and can't see, it didn't work. Please let us know what this is. Lucy

P.S. If you don't have any humidifiers running in your house, go get a couple and run them 24/7. I live in Mich and I know it's cold here and Alberta CA ever more so!

Copper, I brought a thread forward. Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...light=Amniotic
        Last edited by Lucy; 25-Dec-2008, 19:52. Reason: adding PS, added link
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I am in Alberta too, Copper. It is so dry here in winter and particularly now since we're having such cold weather. The humidity in my house is only around 20% so I am running a humidifier a lot.

Your profile shows that you are using Restasis. My eye doctor told me it wasn't available in Canada but he must be mistaken. Did you get it here in AB?

Comment

thanks for your support

sorry for not answering before now my eyes were so bad over christmas opthamologist no. 5 told me that he cant help me at all and suggested that i go to a more humid climate for a couple of weeks. i have stopped the restasis as i think not only was it not helping but it felt like it was making things worse.
            i tries the lacriserts for only 3 days it cost over 200 dollars and it really made things worse. restasis is only available in alberta through an opthamologist. i am going to see my family doctor again tomorrow to see if he has any ideas. it is the mucus in my eyes that is just driving me crazy. yes we have humidifiers going and my husband aalso boils big pots of water to try and bring the humidity up more he actually got it uup to 58 percent for a while, does anyone have any advicee on how to cope with this mucus problem. i am using the rice baggy my mother in law made me one for christmas it helps while you are using it but you cant keep it on 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by grittyeyes View Post
              I am in Alberta too, Copper. It is so dry here in winter and particularly now since we're having such cold weather. The humidity in my house is only around 20% so I am running a humidifier a lot.

Your profile shows that you are using Restasis. My eye doctor told me it wasn't available in Canada but he must be mistaken. Did you get it here in AB?
              sorry for not answering before now my eyes were so bad over christmas opthamologist no. 5 told me that he cant help me at all and suggested that i go to a more humid climate for a couple of weeks. i have stopped the restasis as i think not only was it not helping but it felt like it was making things worse.
              i tries the lacriserts for only 3 days it cost over 200 dollars and it really made things worse. restasis is only available in alberta through an opthamologist. i am going to see my family doctor again tomorrow to see if he has any ideas. it is the mucus in my eyes that is just driving me crazy. yes we have humidifiers going and my husband aalso boils big pots of water to try and bring the humidity up more he actually got it uup to 58 percent for a while, does anyone have any advicee on how to cope with this mucus problem. i am using the rice baggy my mother in law made me one for christmas it helps while you are using it but you cant keep it on 24/7

Comment

Working...
              X