belpharitis, mgd & 42 yrs of contact wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belpharitis, mgd & 42 yrs of contact wear

Hi all, when I first discovered this site a year ago, I felt desperate with the dry eye sensation, putting in preservative free drops every 10-15 minutes. I started contact wear with the old hard ones in 1968, had several overwear reactions, had a corneal inflammation from the thimersal preservative in Bausch & Lomb in the mid 1980's (no longer in use), had eyelids swollen with Blepharitis also in 1980's and was told that would be a chronic condition, spent 13 yrs in front of a computer 10 hr days in heavy airconditioning and an opthalmologist told me I had an incomplete blink.

It just seemed that the drying of my eyes was a decades long progresssion. I quit wearing contacts in 2006,but my eyelid hygiene suffered when Eye-scrub discontinued their bottle of scrub kit. The optometrist I saw last Dec saw active Blepharitis and dry spots on the eye surface. The information on this forum was a life saver for my eyes------I will post separately on Triumphs thread, (sorry for delayed posting, I only had time to read)

Kathleen, I take this to mean you are now wearing glasses. If you've posted this elsewhere, I'm sorry, I didn't read it. I will try and find your other post. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy, its now under the Triumph topic. It took me that long to get it written, as I have never posted in a forum before, this is the first one I've ever read.

Comment

lucy, yes I wear glasses, did not have Lasik

Comment

Working...
        X