silicone plugs versus intracanicular plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silicone plugs versus intracanicular plugs

Hi. I am new to the site. Thanks for all the information. I have a few question.s, I wore hard contact manyyears ago. I am 58. !! years ago I had lasik. I now have dry eye in both eyes. 2 on the Schimmers test. I am really only bothered by one eye. I had a silicone plug in one eye, lower plug only, but it was so painful against the eyeball that i had it removed after a week. Should |I have persevered longer. I now have an intracanicular one in the lower punctum. I can't feel it but don't feel it has done much for the dry eye feeling. Are the silicone ones more effective for dry eye than the intra canicular ones.
    Also struggling with eye drops . I hear good things of Dwelle but can't get it in UK. Also does it contain preservatives? I have been warne off those. Is Ultra 3 the same although that has preservatives.
    I have become depressed over all this but don't suppose there are any anti depressants I can take that don't cause dry eye.???
    Is there any one in the UK or even Europe who is an expert in this as I don't have absolute faith in my opthalmologist. Not sure he is up to date with the range of different plugs available. How can I tell him what plugs I want to try?
Working...
X