Reminder about Private Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder about Private Messages

I want to remind members of the board to check their private messages when signing on. Some people are not aware of how this works, or that it's even there. Maybe we can make this a sticky when time allows. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Private messages?! What's that?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Enabling Email notification of receipt of Private Messages

Good suggestion, Lucy!

(and ha ha to you, miss smartypants dianat ).

Members can, if you wish, establish an automatic command to be notified via e-mail every time that you receive a Private Message.

Even if I'm not actively reading the Bulletin Board, and even if I might not otherwise have noticed the "Private Messages" section in the upper right corner of my BB screen,
      I appreciate receiving such extra e-mail reminders that I have messages to attend to.

If members haven't visited the "User Settings & Profile" section in a while, or perhaps not even since you first signed up here, here's what you can do:
      -- Click on "User Settings & Profile" (upper left corner of your screen in the dark blue band)
      -- Look at "Control Panel" (which heads a list down the left side of the next screen)
      -- Find "Settings & Options"
      -- Select "Edit Options"
      -- Under Private Messaging, be sure you have checked "Enable Private Messaging"
      -- Then, a little underneath there on the same screen, check "Receive Email Notification of Private Messages"
      -- And voila!

Hope this helps . . .

Comment

Good reminder Lucy.

Post is now a sticky and I have slightly modified your thread title to make it a little clearer.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

you are right

Lucy i wuld like to say you are so right when you sy dont trust a refractive surgeon with your eyes mine never did any blood work so tey never found my throid problem plus she wanted to do cautery on my tear ducts. I sure an glad I didnt go with that.

Comment

I had problems with blepharitis since I was a kid (thought everybody had flaky stuff on their glasses and woke up with their eyes crusty) and then was diagnosed with MGD about 2 or 3 years ago. The real challenge is the dry eye problem that botched RK did to one eye. As menopause hit it has become more and more difficult to manage. Was already low thyroid but that has been under control for many years. Dry eye got worse about a year ago about the time I quite the Hormone Replacement. I am now looking into the Bioidentical (Estriol/Estradiol and maybe Estrone with Progesterone Cream) I got a pair of CurvZ "biker" glasses over the weekend and now can go outside without fear of a chunk of something getting under my gas perm lens. They also help moisturize my eyes indoors but have been fogging up. (Thank you dry eye zone, i didn't even know such a thing existed until I read about them here) I am looking forward to trying the onion goggles with the stick on bifocals for indoor use. (I work in a hospital and the air is dry and with a new building, it's probably outgasing who knows what.)

I've read a lot of the tips so far and I am so glad I found this site. I've already told a dozen people about it.

Paulette

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian patient in venice, here we are not talking about these issues, I would like to know if among you there are people who are positive Schirmer test. I am completely without tears and aqsciutto, I use the drops, and my eyes are fine, I noticed that at intervals of 1 month my Western are full of sand, and I also see how if I had a white veil in front, I do inpacchi of fresh water for relief, sometimes I take off my eyeballs so I ended up suffering, many of you were subjected to the treatment of lipoflow? and if it works in cases like me, I hope to dear friends, thank you all
              mooris

Comment

Working...
              X