Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid Surgery

Eyelid Surgery:

I have dry eye and also need eyelid surgery to enable me to expand my field of vision. My question: Is there any chance that eyelid surgery will help my dry eye condition?

Hi RonB,

Sorry to hear you will require eyelid surgery, but it sounds like it is necessary to restore your field vision. I would highly doubt this would be a cure for your dry eyes, if anything, it may cause more dry eye, in my humble opinion. I think anytime anything is done to our eyes, there is a risk that our eyes will be aggravated and dry eyes may occur, but I'm not a doctor. This is just from my observation over the years as I've had my eyes worked on, with the initial reason being I had dry eyes, so plugs were eventually placed, then migrated and caused big problems for me with the exploratory surgeries and DCR surgeries... Then along came blepharitis, etc... I've also read that some people that have had plastic surgery done to open their eyes have ended up with the inability for their eyes to close completely at night which is not a good thing at all. I'm not trying to be negative about this, just giving you my input and will be hoping and praying things go okay for you... Judy
    Last edited by Judy; 21-Jan-2009, 06:32.

Comment

Eyelid Surgery

I did that, wish I didn't. Dry eye did get worse for me.

Comment

Working...
      X