Will I ever get relief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I ever get relief?

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and I am happy I'm not alone, and sad to see so many suffer from the same discomfort as myself.

I have been trying to cope with dry eyes and its symptoms for 2 years now. It has quickly worsened to the extent that I am unable to work, drive, and the dominoe effects follows...no job, no medical insurance!

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome due to radiation therapy for laryngeal and thyroid cancers. If I would have know that I will eventually suffer this dreadful side effect, I wouldn't have settled for radiation therapy.

In addition to the dryness, I cannot tolerate light whatsoever. I've tried every OTC artificial tear, restasis, lacricert inserts, moisture chambers, tranquileyes, sleeping mask, plugs, cautherized lacrimal ducts, and nothing has given me relief. Needless to say, I am home in a slightly lit room all the time. Going out is intoletable, and I hate running into poles, and palm leaves, since my eyes are closed most of the time.

I am exploring the scleral lens at BFS. I have already made contact with B.Rosenthal who has been extremely supportive. I've read numerous informative posts to educate myself on this modality.

Does anyone know a "dry eye" doctor in Puerto Rico? I am tired of going from one doctor to another who just tell me, what I know, "You have dry eyes!" I'm having such a hard time coping with this.

Please, if anyone knows of an MD here in PR, I will appreciate the information. I need to be re evaluated before I go for the scleral lens. I haven't been able to see a doctor in a year, and my eyes are only getting worse.

Hoping to hear from someone! Thank you.
    Desperate Heidi
Working...
X