Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and may you all have a merry and festive new year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twist
    3. Driving. Now this one seems odd. I keep heat off, ac off and windows up. I can drive about 1 hour...maybe 1.5 hours and my eyes become so dry I can hardly stand it. I can't tell if it is because there are so many focus changing events.....anyone else experience such an odd thing?
    Dryness while driving is actually a relatively common problem, even apart from a/c... it's like dryness with computer use, lower blink rate, meaning longer uninterrupted surface exposure time, more tear break-up. Wraparound eyewear makes a big difference for me personally. I simply won't drive without it.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Sorry! Iberostar Toucan

Originally posted by jcorbett
      Jeff - Last place we went to on Riveria Maya was the Barcelo Maya. Boys (ages 13 & 14) loved this place, particularly because of the water basketball hoops and water soccer nets. This occupied them for HOURS and HOURS. Do you happen to remember if the iberostar had basketball hoops?? Such a little thing....but I cannot consider a place without them!
      The downside to B.M. was it is about an hour plus from Cancun and my husband gets very sick of being stuck in a resort. The nightlife really sucked. Not that I cared, but we must be respectful of others wishes :
      Jcorbett,
      I am sorry for the delayed response. The Iberostar Toucan has alot to offer. It is a "jungle type" atmosphere, there are live monkeys swinging in the trees around the resort. There were scorpions, iguanas and little geckos. I also remember seeing live turkeys roaming around in an area below a foot bridge during the day, at night they would actually roost in the trees by the foot bridge just out of my reach. They do not allow spring breakers there and make that known. There are always young people running around. Things to do for them are water sports including a ball and net for water polo as well as volleyball on and off the water. There are pool tables multiple swimming pools and of course the ocean with wind surfing, jet skis (additional fee for some water sports) you can parasail from the resort (I enjoyed this alot). There are kayaks and small catamarans for sailing complete with someone to teach you if you need to. The town is very close by and many shops on the way to town. It is a private road for the guest at the many resorts along there (quite safe). Food is great Limes stuffed with coconuts my favorite I know I know fattening but I am on vacation. It is about a 1/2 hour bus ride from Cancun (rest up from the flight). It is all inclusive including alcohol. They have a different show every evening at the resort (free) and you would need to stay more than two weeks to see every show. Check out their website for more info www.Iberostar.com Drop me an email if you would like more info.
      (I recieve no commision)
      Jeff

Comment

J&J,

You two are killing me! The hubby and I were looking into a trip with the kids (we usually take them along everywhere). Mexico was at the top of the list, but we think it's going to be more $$ than we want to spend this year. We've had a lot of peculiar expenses this year. Still, it's all so overwhelming, I don't know how we'd be able to make a decision anyway!

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Diana,
          Replace the word "overwhelming" with words like: Overdue, over-relaxing over-deserving, over-exhilirating or my favorite over-needed. Its the "peculiar" expenses in my life that make it necessary to go. New well, new drainfield new windows all of the things we can't live without. E-mail me if you want help with the decisions, I can help with that part.
          Sorry for killing you , it just got out of hand I guess.
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X