No announcement yet.

Contact lens intolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really need to give yourself a break. There are so many great options for glasses now, for all pescriptions. I wore contacts for 23 years and had to give them up 4 years ago. I can completely empathize with how hard it is. It took me an entire year to feel "normal". It is worth it though.

Comment

I'm about the same age as you and pretty much can't/shouldn't really wear contacts. I bought a couple of fashionable pairs of glasses to make myself feel better. It's really hard to all of a sudden wear glasses, but you get used to it. Actually right now the glasses thing IS in stlye so that's a plus too! Your prescription shouldn't be an issue, you'll pay a little more but you can get thin lenses and they make them look normal from the front and not magnified etc. Just look around you will find something you like and feel comfortable in. This will all be worth it in the end. Who knows maybe one day you can wear contacts again. Good luck!

Comment

TTT,
        still dry! When I put in lens, they feel itch right at the inner corner by the tear gland. I dont know if restasis helps or hurts! I put in lens, one of the eyes will just itch. While the other will feel ok. Then after an hour, they are both just DRY, RED, ANNOYING. Why....why didnt i wear glasses all those times? These 1/2 inch lens look like total crap. but with them on I dont feel itch. YEA U READ RIGHT, 1/2 INCH GLASSES. They are sooooo freaking thick! Thats why I never wanted glasses at all! I was teased as a kid for having bi focals. Then always had dry contacts. KEEPING THEM IN was my way of saying screw you, I hate my eyes. So might as well just keep wearing lens. Now I cant wear lens at all? Ive gone absolutely insane. These goggles are ok for around the house. But, any time I wanna go out I WANT CONTACTS BACK. About three years ago, DR looked at my eyes and said I had minor scaring from lens wear.(I'm going to ask for files and why he didnt take this as sign of problems) You would think this would bother me? No, i still wore them everyday, all day, some times over night 24 hours. I hated my eyes my whole life! Contacts make you go from 4 eye dork to looking normal. So when I wore contacts it's like one less thing to feel insecure about. Now how smart was that? Because Im STUCK in my house with glasses. I cant go out to meet friends, I CANT DO ANYTHING. Before this infection, my life was miserable.....now it's been 1 year of complete HEADACHE. **** dry eyes!!!!!!
        Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 03-Sep-2009, 23:40. Reason: removed obscenity

Comment

Mine are thicker than 1/2 an inch, I can only dream of that....
          just keep swimming...

Comment

How is it 1/2 inch? I am a -10 and I am 1/4 inch. Not great...but at least it's thinner. Are your lens polycarbonate or a High Index 1.74 (thinnest possible)?

Comment

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
              How is it 1/2 inch? I am a -10 and I am 1/4 inch. Not great...but at least it's thinner. Are your lens polycarbonate or a High Index 1.74 (thinnest possible)?
              they are decent thickness on the inside. But, the outside just curves out to 1/2". I also have glasses with lens that are not tall. They are thinner up and down instead of being huge tall lens. I'm going to try and get new ones. I dont understand why they are decent then have to curve out? Why cant they just stay flat? My script is -10/-9/5. Im really hoping to get laser eye correction to just get RID of these glasses once and for all.

Comment

you can get High Index 1.94 now, think it's glass but it's still thinner still. I only have 1.74 because the measurement came back for 1.94 as making little change though. Depends a bit on the frame, etc...
                just keep swimming...

Comment

Are you still around on here!! I’m interested in how u made out as I have a similar experience and can relate !

Comment

Working...
                  X