This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at me, in Europe now!

So after a crazy summer of all sorts of stuff I am now at home here in rainy Ireland!

And don't they say home is where the heart is, but good lord what is the story with all the rain, and that wind?

So I hope everyone has been keeping well and I look forward to chatting with you all again soon.

Berandette

Hi Bernadette-
    You're lucky to be able to go to Ireland. I'm not sure if you think so, but I'd love to do a trip over there. But........in the meantime, I'll have to put up with the wind and rain in Michigan. Best, Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

living in Dubai climate

I live in Dubai and the weather during the summer is a killer for dry eyes, but now that winter is starting it is warm and humid, which is a heaven.

When I was living in Europe the central heating during the cold months and the cold winds were killing my eyes much worse than the summer heat here in Dubai (probably the strong humidity counteracts the negative effects of the heat).

In Europe I used to feel the hot air coming from vents all over the ceiling in the office i was working literally parch my eyes. And i had to work on a computer, sometimes more than 8 hours a day. That is what led to me being hospitalized with severe damage to my corneas.

The climate one lives in has a profound effect on dry eyes, may be more than anything else. I would recommend for anyone who can afford it, a move to or at least a long holiday in a climate gentle to dry eyes.

Unfortunately air-conditioning has become ubiquitous in all climates and countries and that is a killer for dry eyes....I wish it was never invented he he...

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
        So after a crazy summer of all sorts of stuff I am now at home here in rainy Ireland!

And don't they say home is where the heart is, but good lord what is the story with all the rain, and that wind?

So I hope everyone has been keeping well and I look forward to chatting with you all again soon.

Berandette
        And do you have an extended weather forecast? My brother went over for the racing last week and some of it had to be abandoned. There were a few long faces as you would expect.

Comment

Working...
        X