This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumecare warm compress mask

Have any of you used this warm compress mask? If so do you mind sharing what it's like and whether you'd recommend it?

http://www.lumecare.co.uk/Dry-Eye-Tr...ss-Mask/p-2-5/
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Yes - I sent for their mask and recieved free samples of their single unit eye drops and their long lasting eye gel

They are very good , and well worth trying , and I could definately recommend their products
    This is a really genuine attempt in GB to help dry eye sufferers and i would support it to the hilt
    My situation was, that I had already found my own solutions
    As a lot of you know ,steaming is my preferred method of heating ,and I am very satisfied with clinitas ultra 3
    As a result I felt the drops and gel were no improvement for me .I certainly found them OK - no bad reactions or intolerance and the mask is a really good one of its kind - but I prefer moist heat.
    So I am probably not the best person to judge

Comment

I can't vouch for this firm's products but I was made to feel like a nuisance when I called to get advice on preservatives.

I was subjected to sarcasm - I was advised that if Clinitas or similar drops containing Hyaluronic Acid didn't help than nothing would.

Comment

lumecare warm compress mask

Hi,

I sent for this several months ago, but unfortunately does nothing helpful for me. In fact it seemed to make my condition worse and my vision was very blurry afterwards. I persevered but it didn't improve, I think it made the inflammation worse and so I gave up.

liz

Comment

I to tried this awhile ago and found my eyes felt worse after so i kept trying but still no change so i gave up as well.
          but i think its cuz my glands arent blocked so i thought it may help someone with blocked glands as its quick and easy but its hard to tell.
          i prefer cold and wet masks.

Comment

I bought one of these, and found it quite good - but, like Stella, I prefer damp heat and so I still use hot flannels even though it is a bit of a palaver.
            I somehow think I get better results with wet heat.

I don't really use it any more - but it would be very useful for travel, I guess.

Comment

Lumecare help and advice telephone line

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
              I can't vouch for this firm's products but I was made to feel like a nuisance when I called to get advice on preservatives.

I was subjected to sarcasm - I was advised that if Clinitas or similar drops containing Hyaluronic Acid didn't help than nothing would.
              Dear Irish Eyes

re Your comment about Lumecare.

I am so sorry that you felt I was being sarcastic when you called us. Actually I'm mortified and embarrassed.

I remember the call and felt that the tone of it had "got away". I speak to hundreds of customers, many seeking detailed information about dry eyes and blepharitis. There is clearly a need for explanations and we do our best to fill that gap, just like the dryeyezone, while not straying into professional medical advice.

Please call me back and I/we will do our best to put a smile back.

best regards

Marc us (and Claire)
              Lumecare

Comment

Lumecare

I appreciate you addressing the issue publicly.

Those who have suffered with this condition for a long time (as I have) will know that dry eyes become fragile and prone to allergies.

Most of us here have to be ever vigilant with our choice of eye drops; my GP / consultants have long been aware of my tolerance problems with preservatives. Any type of dry eye regardless of its cause, will increase the residence time of preservatives and this can create additional problems that we can well do without. Life is tough enough as it is.

I think DEZ members would agree that the onus falls on the individual to do much of the research. So - as a matter of routine, I check to see that drops are preservative-free - if it isn't immediately obvious from the label / website information. That said, even those drops that `tick all the boxes' may not provide much in the way of pain relief - or improvement of quality of life. Sadly, my condition falls into this category.

To conclude, I certainly wasn't seeking a diagnosis when I spoke to your company on the phone, nor was I asking for `professional medical advice'. I have an accurate recall of the conversation because I came away from the phone feeling quite shocked. I appreciate the distinction between advice, information and guidance - though sometimes the boundaries can overlap.

Moving on - why don't you drop by the Dry Eye Zone more often? This would be a positive move because you could gain clearer insights of the issues faced by sufferers on the severe end of the DE spectrum. Read what we have to say - see if your company can respond to some of our needs.

Without modesty, I can claim that there is much you could learn from us.

Comment

Lumecare

It is nice of you to take the time to visit the forum. Most professionals in the realm of DE would not do so.

I second what Irish eyes has said, please take some time to read up on dry eye experiences of severe DE sufferers it can be quite an eye opener. I think many doctors in the UK, all lump dry eye sufferers in the same catergory, that is ''mild, irritating'' symptoms, but nothing of real impact to ones life. While there the majority fall into that category, there are many people who have a severe form of DE which is often very debilitating for the sufferer, many having to quit jobs, many of them like myself are young. And drops do not cut it for severe patients.

I am going to order your gel tears, it would be nice if i could get relief from eye pain and constant dryness for 7/8 hours (may do for milder dry eye)!!! but in my situation, that is unlikely, i have a thick tear (Celluvisc) which blurs the vision for the first 30 seconds, and then it will last 2 minutes before my eyes feel the same again. But i will give this one a try.

I wish there were treatments in the UK which actually treat the underlying cause of dry eye, improving the inflammation. Currently in the US they have restasis, IPL, azasite, and many on the horizon.

Thanks
                  I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi
                    OK, so this is my first ever post, but as I bought one of these I think I should comment.

Ordered mine towards the end of last year, after struggling for most of the year with a rather painful dry eye flare up and having not really got anywhere with the baby shampoo facecloth compress, it was suggested by my optician.

I found it quite soothing in use and as it stays hot for several minutes so you at least get the chance to relax (before I was up and down every couple of mins re warming the facecloth).
                    When my DE was at it's worse, I was using it everyday, sometimes more than once, now I'm down to every 2-3 days.

My DE has definately improved since I've been using it with a notable reduction in the frequency that those little Meibomian gland lumps I get pop up.....That said, its not the only thing i've changed to try and improve my eyes so I can't be sure how much of the improvement has been down to the eyebag.

Downsides, it slowly dies (looses its ability to store heat) and I tend to get blurry vision right after using it.

Worth pointing out that I have Evaporative dry eye, ie Blepharitis with MGD.

Hope it helps
                    HM

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
                      Lumecare

It is nice of you to take the time to visit the forum. Most professionals in the realm of DE would not do so.

I second what Irish eyes has said, please take some time to read up on dry eye experiences of severe DE sufferers it can be quite an eye opener. I think many doctors in the UK, all lump dry eye sufferers in the same catergory, that is ''mild, irritating'' symptoms, but nothing of real impact to ones life. While there the majority fall into that category, there are many people who have a severe form of DE which is often very debilitating for the sufferer, many having to quit jobs, many of them like myself are young. And drops do not cut it for severe patients.

I am going to order your gel tears, it would be nice if i could get relief from eye pain and constant dryness for 7/8 hours (may do for milder dry eye)!!! but in my situation, that is unlikely, i have a thick tear (Celluvisc) which blurs the vision for the first 30 seconds, and then it will last 2 minutes before my eyes feel the same again. But i will give this one a try.

I wish there were treatments in the UK which actually treat the underlying cause of dry eye, improving the inflammation. Currently in the US they have restasis, IPL, azasite, and many on the horizon.

Thanks
                      I to wish there were treatments here in the uk similar to those in the us.I have inflammed,dry eyes which get me down.Im hoping that one day we'll have the same things available as they do.I live in hope!

Comment

Working...
                      X