X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hycosan

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone has tried hycosan or hycosan plus - have read quite good reviews but heard one refer to their possibly being long term drawbacks.
    Be good to hear from anyone (or anything else that might help - artificial tears don't help and at moment am back on steroid minims for the inflammation and pain again, something which helps but I desperately try to avoid unless absolutely vital) Just want a drop which helps with no risks!

Cheers

hey

ive been on hycosan for quite some time now and i think no drop actualy helps a great deal but i found this to be 1 of the best i tried.before i tried it i read about some of the ingrediants causing bad side effects but i found out that thats all changed and they are ok to use.
    i persume you seen these on dry eye shop in uk as i found this info out from them and they said they are safe.

so i use them also with clinitas soothe which are good but i know we are all different when it comes to drops but all about experimenting with them.

hope this helps

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks very much for your reply, I think I will be giving them a try. Although popped into Tesco earlier and the pharmacist looked in her BNF and said it's been discontinued, which is a bit odd because looked on the Hycosan website and it looks like they still sell it.
      I'll pop into Boots tomorrow and see whether they're saying the same thing.
      Thanks again
      Fiona

Comment

hi

have you looked on here http://www.dry-eyes.co.uk/index.html

thats where i get it from,wouldnt of thought it been discontinued plus you can email them and there always helpful and answer anything

kate

Comment

I didn't find hycosan that good to be honest.I read great reviews but like kate said we're all different.I don't know about anyone else but i find that drops which make your eyelashes crusty tend to make my eyes worse.Can anyone shed any light? Is it because the white residue falls into the eyes? They seem to make my eyes redder anyway

Comment

hycosan

Hi there,

I am 2 years post lasik and have used Hycosan since then. I have tried every drop on the market but always go back to Hycosan. I hadn't heard any bad things about it, and I always get it from the site recommended by Kate. They have got 3 for 2 offer on at the moment, I have just re-ordered. Can't understand why Boots say it is discontinued, please let us know if you hear any adverse things about it. Thanks, and hope this helps.

Liz

Comment

Feemac
              I've seen Hycosan on sale in local opticians.

I endorse Kate's recommendation of that site - they are a nice company to do business with.

Re: steroid use. I use minims to get me over a bad patch. Of course I would rather not use them but it's a low % so try not to worry too much. I've had to use steroids for another eye condition so the consultant is OK about my judgement. He always does a pressure test anyway.

Peepers
              Do you wipe your eyelashes free of residue after using the tears? I've never had any luck with artificial tears but that was something I always had to do if I used them. My eyelashes have become very coarse and I wonder if this is why the residue settles so readily.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                Feemac
                I've seen Hycosan on sale in local opticians.

I endorse Kate's recommendation of that site - they are a nice company to do business with.

Re: steroid use. I use minims to get me over a bad patch. Of course I would rather not use them but it's a low % so try not to worry too much. I've had to use steroids for another eye condition so the consultant is OK about my judgement. He always does a pressure test anyway.

Peepers
                Do you wipe your eyelashes free of residue after using the tears? I've never had any luck with artificial tears but that was something I always had to do if I used them. My eyelashes have become very coarse and I wonder if this is why the residue settles so readily.
                I wil try that thanks.Just hate it when they crust

Comment

hycosan really did crust my eyes up then i had to spend even more time cleaning up after its use which then made my eyes redder than ever so after a week or two i gave up with them!

But as you say were all different, personally i think all drops are five minute wonders then actually make things progressively worse1
                  Sorry yet another bad dry eye day /week /month etc!

Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X