This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporine 2%

Following Ophth appointment yesterday, I've been prescribed Cyclosporine 2% from Moorfields.

I knew many people can't tolerate it (I think because of what it's in), but given that Restasis doesn't appear to be available in the UK, I agreed that it was worth a try.

Tried it in both eyes last night, and while it wasn't too bad to start with, it did cause stinging and burning. Both my eyes went pink (usually they are white) and it was pretty uncomfortable. This morning both eyes are fine (well, as fine as they usually are anyway).

I'll ask my Ophth whether I should continue, but as we know NHS people aren't always particularly accessible. My current plan is to install drops once per day (and not twice and prescribed) 30 mins or so before bed time, when the irritation doesn't matter so much.

I'm not sure if the irritation and reaction is a sign I should stop, or that maybe I'm just reacting to the carrier fluid and the cyclosporine element is doing some good potentially. If my eyes hadn't of been OK after some sleep I'd obviously stop, but I don't want to throw away the chance of improvement without consideration.

Thoughts?

See my reply on Jenny's post. Good luck!

Originally posted by jlg_uk View Post
    Following Ophth appointment yesterday, I've been prescribed Cyclosporine 2% from Moorfields.

I knew many people can't tolerate it (I think because of what it's in), but given that Restasis doesn't appear to be available in the UK, I agreed that it was worth a try.

Tried it in both eyes last night, and while it wasn't too bad to start with, it did cause stinging and burning. Both my eyes went pink (usually they are white) and it was pretty uncomfortable. This morning both eyes are fine (well, as fine as they usually are anyway).

I'll ask my Ophth whether I should continue, but as we know NHS people aren't always particularly accessible. My current plan is to install drops once per day (and not twice and prescribed) 30 mins or so before bed time, when the irritation doesn't matter so much.

I'm not sure if the irritation and reaction is a sign I should stop, or that maybe I'm just reacting to the carrier fluid and the cyclosporine element is doing some good potentially. If my eyes hadn't of been OK after some sleep I'd obviously stop, but I don't want to throw away the chance of improvement without consideration.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
    X