This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL in Europe?

It seems to me that IPL treatment is by far the most effective treatment for MGD.. especially if there are sympthoms of ocular roscea..

I think the treatment is only available in the US.. does anyone have any input if it will come to europe anytime soon?

I tried to email dr toyos clinic but there email seems not to be working..

Originally posted by Marcus from Scandinavia View Post
    It seems to me that IPL treatment is by far the most effective treatment for MGD.. especially if there are sympthoms of ocular roscea..

I think the treatment is only available in the US.. does anyone have any input if it will come to europe anytime soon?

I tried to email dr toyos clinic but there email seems not to be working..
    Hi Marcus. I'm sorry you also had problems contacting Toyos. I think his inbox is full and he must be so busy that has no time to read his emails.

I know he introduced IPL in Rome-Italy- last year. Apparently some doctors were skeptical about the impressive results Toyos showed to them because the underlying mechanism of IPL is still unknown and Toyos' explanation might not have convinced them. This happened exactly one year ago.

If Toyos must train a large number of doctors in the US, it definitely can take a long time before he thinks in taking this treatment to Europe. Think he has no need as patients from all over the world visit him at his office.

I think I asked moni who is one of his patients about this subject and she told me he would be training european doctors soon.
    Last edited by cristiandryeyes; 10-Apr-2010, 01:53.

Comment

The problem with travelling to the US for IPL is that you basically need to stay there for about 5 months... then you need re-treatments after the first phase..

I really hope this could be introduced in europe soon...and hopefully it will according to moni??

Comment

My Doc was gathering information on the IPL with an ophthalmologist in Italy. I do not know if they are already doing the procedure there ... I have an appointment the 18th. I will try to bring the doctor's name here ...

Comment

Working...
        X