Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any doctor who does MG Expression in the UK?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any doctor who does MG Expression in the UK?

I'm coming to the UK for a short visit and I would like to know if there are eye doctors there who would be able to express my meibomian glands at his office.
    Last edited by Ariel; 28-Aug-2010, 07:06.

Hi Ariel,

Any OD should know how to, and be able to, express your meibomian glands. ANY OD ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. It's a fairly easy and comfortable process. The doc applies pressure (more pressure than you would ever use yourself) on your lid margins (make sure they do upper and lower) and the crud blocking your glands shoots out. In my case, the crap that came out immediately clouded my vision. It's a great relief to have your glands unblocked. At least it was for me. I could accomplish a lot more with warm compresses once my glands were unplugged.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Cindy--- "_S" was a typo. I just corrected it but it doesn't affect what you mentioned on your reply, so I thank you for it. I wonder if all OD do it as thoroughly as shown on this video.

http://www.guldenophthalmics.com/ima...Expressor3.pdf
      Last edited by Ariel; 28-Aug-2010, 08:25.

Comment

I don't know what you get in real life but on the link I posted on my previous entry, an in-office session of MG expression doesn't look like a simple thing any OD will do. Magnifying glasses, mastrota paddle, gland expressor... but perhaps most doctors are less methodical.

Comment

Ariel, simple things can be made complicated. I looked at the link you posted. Do what you are comfortable with. Perhaps I was lucky and received good results with MGD expression by my OD using simple pressure to unblock the glands. Don't get me wrong, I had to do warm compresses and be diligent in self-expressing my glands but within a month, my doc could express nearly all of my glands by pressing (kind of hard) on them with his finger. Upper and lower.
          Last edited by Cindy; 01-Sep-2010, 18:42. Reason: +
          Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I'll just need to find someone who'll do it the easy or the complicated way. I don't care which as long as it works. In Spain there isn't a doctor that will do it and for what I hear all of the ones that do MG expression are in the US. Hard to believe but true, unless someone proves me wrong.

By the way, I pasted the wrong link. Here's the right one:

http://www.guldenophthalmics.com/ima...Expressor3.pdf
            Last edited by Ariel; 01-Sep-2010, 19:53.

Comment

Working...
            X