X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preservative free anti hystamine?

Hi

Has anyone managed to get anti hystemine in preservative free vials in europe / uk?

Thanks

Ell
    The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Hi

I use Catacrom in preservative free vials. It is 2% cromoglicate and has other names I think. I was using it only every few days as my GP was not keen to prescribe it as she said it was expensive. Then I read a post on here that someone has used similar every day for couple of months and had found relief. So begging and pleading my GP she has given me 2 months supply and I am just starting 2nd pack. Don't want to speak too soon, but must say I haven't had any of those horrible 'flares ups' (touch wood!) since using it, and have been able to cut back on Hycosan drops. All this at the worst time of year when heating is belting out everywhere .........

Good luck! Liz

Comment

thanks Liz - appreciate the info. My GP is next to useless from an eye standpoint tbh - I really need to find me a more informed GP to have any chance.

It makes me laugh though that we have all witnessed the NHS hemmoraging cash in hospitals etc and your doc is wary about precribing an 'expensive drop' to a relatively tiny population of DES sufferers!

Thx

El
      The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Thanks for that El, you are so right. In the vastness of waste in NHS how much can some eye drops cost! I need to be more assertive and just demand the damn things if they are working for me. I guess because is was Lasik that caused this, I still must be blaming myself and being apologetic ..............

Good luck with your search. Liz

Comment

I think these are the drops you refer to - made at Moorfields. Website below.

It shows cost to the NHS of £8.99 for a 30 unit dose. Hardly a drain on resources.....

Presumably there are some GPs who are prescribing them to allergy sufferers in the UK?

http://www.moorfieldspharmaceuticals.../catacrom.html

Comment

thanks for the link, irish eyes, found it very useful. £8.99 eh when I got the impression she meant much more. I pay for prescriptions so minus £7.20 it is peanuts! liz

Comment

I agree, it's a strange attitude. There's no benefit to a drug if people can't take it - and your GP surely knows the history of your eye problems.

My autologous serum `prescription' has to go to a committee for approval but that's understandable because it's costly.

Comment

Working...
              X