soothe available UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soothe available UK

Uk dry eye suffers can now buy soothe from edinburgh eye tests.

Personaly i didnt find it any better than systane, and its soo expensive but its always worth a try..

http://www.edinburgh-eyetests.co.uk/soothe.htm

I want to start a shop where you can get inexpensive eyedrops for suffers in the UK!
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Hi,
    is that preservative free (soothe)?
    by the way, how did you react to systane (or polyquad in it)?

I've heard bad things about it (people who have used for some time)... but it sounds like it worked fine for you?

This type of info is exactly what could be one's role within an association, no big deal to get and yet it helps...

take care
    K
    Last edited by kakinda; 05-Aug-2006, 13:46.

Comment

Soothe

I found this information about Soothe on www.amazon.com:

Label Information
      Ingredients
      Polysorbate-80 0.4%, Restoryl (Consists of Drakeol 15.1% and Drakeol-35 4.5%).

Ingredients
      Purified Water, Octoxynol-40, Sodium Chloride, Monobasic Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic Sodium Phosphate (Anhydrous), Edetate Disodium, Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (1 ppm) as a Preservative.

So....there is a preservative in it :-( What a pity. Does anyone know what kind of preservative this is?

Toril

Comment

I think its just the bottled version so it will have a preservative in it. Also, if you look at the website a little closer it says its only available to people who are patients or have had a consultation with them. It doesnt look like you can just ring and order it. Not so accessible then. Just another drop at the end of the day anyway. Ive not heard any positive feedback about it either.

Comment

It does say that but it wil let you pay for it when you go on to the online payment bit so i dont see why it would have that facility if you cant order it. Its stupid if its only for people at their practice. Its only an artificial tear not like its any thing amazing. Sorry.

It didnt help me much, no more than systane or much else for that matter. It just felt ok at first then drained away or evaporated shortly after. Certainly didnt provide an effect for 8 hours!

But others may like it, no artificail tear seems to help me that much. but thats just me i guess! dwelle lasts abit longer than others but can really sting and my eyelids look red so am inclined to stop using it.

This type of info is exactly what could be one's role within an association, no big deal to get and yet it helps...
          sorry didint understand

Its a bottle so it will have a preservative in it. not bac though.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Yeah well I thought it was pretty stupid to say that if you can order online anyway.

Cant speak for Kakinda but I think what she meant was that it is a help to bring any information to people - including what new drops are available and where etc.

When I priced these drops up they quoted me £19+ (with vat & del etc) which is rediculous for a small bottle of artificial tears - I didnt buy them anyway. Incidentally, they are overpriced on many of their eyedrops.

Comment

yes, that's I meant...
              by the way, kakinda is a he... at least the last time I checked

Comment

I use Soothe during the night. It seems to be compatible with the genteal gel I use before I go to bed--I usually wake up 2 or 3 times a night because the gel had sort of dried out, and I put in some Soothe drops--they seem to activate the gel again, and it helps me get through the night.

I didn't like Soothe by itself, or for daytime.

C66

Comment

Originally posted by kakinda
                  yes, that's I meant...
                  by the way, kakinda is a he... at least the last time I checked
                  Ooops - sorry.

Comment

Soothe

I tried Soothe as well. I didn't find any relief from it. I did not like to use it during the day. Even though it has lipids in it, I've found I'm more comfortable with TheraTears in vial or bottle than Soothe. I found it did nothing for my burning sensation and overall discomfort. I was really hopeful it would work well given all of the positive information on their web-site about reducing TBUT and thickening the tear, etc. They even had test documents on their site, and articles about the important role of lipids and how Soothe helped restore the lipid layer. I still found it came up short for me.
                    Jason

"We should not be looking for answers to the diseases we suffer from today, but why many peoples in the world don't get them at all."

Comment

The only person that stocked this in the UK has now discontinued it as patient reports have shown clarymist to provide better relief from symptoms than soothe.

Comment

Just on the Clarymist.

I have found some relief in using this product, after a bit of practice, however from my experience i find that using it along side extended PC use can irritate the eyes more.

Find that it is best outside of the work environment when i have had a bit of success with it.

cheers

Comment

Ben
                          I have had a similar experience with Clarymist. I like it when I am at home or about to head out socially. I am not fussed with it during the day when I am using the PC, for whatever reason, I feel that my eyes get more irritated, could be just mind over matter but I can certainly support your comments.

Regards

Ian

Comment

Just tried Soothe

I just had some sent by mail from the States (thanks, eBay). I actually got pretty good results with it, possibly because my problem really is lipid related. On the other hand I just tried Refresh Endura for the first time and they really hurt my eyes.

Soothe is the best day drop I've tried so far. Now I just need to find people to mail it to me. Nothing like it here in Sweden.
                            ---
                            Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
                            Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

I just put my free samples to the garbage after trying them again for the 4th time maybe as I found them so uncomfortable. So it seems we all have different reactions, maybe because we don't have the same needs of chemistry I guess. But for me soothe were the worse drops I tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X