This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris clinic disappointment

I am shocked. I just got the message from the Quinze vingts-clinique that my appointment with dr Dupond-Monod is cancelled because of... him being on STRIKE.

They left the message today and the visit was for after-tomorrow. I can't believe it.
    It's been six months I wait for this appointment.
    I paid my TGV tickets.
    I put all my hopes to it.
    They are on strike and they don't give a xxxx. This is supposed to be a reputable hospital?

They offer an appointment in 2 months. I don't even feel like going there anymore. What kind of a doctor can go on strike and cancel on patients who come with money to pay him???

Yes, it's a highly reputable hospital, but French people are on strike ...hmm... all the time? No, ok, but they are on strike more often than anyone I know. I guess the doctor is part of an association that is on stike, which means he would not be allowed to go to work even if he wanted to. Once I was there, the office that was going to make the payment for my eyedrops was on strike, so I had to come back the day after to pay. Luckily I wasn't going home to Norway directly after the appointment.

Have you got a travel insurance? Have you checked with them if you can get your money for the TGV back?

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
      Have you got a travel insurance? Have you checked with them if you can get your money for the TGV back?
      hi Toril, I have, but they don't cover in this case! so mad

Comment

Wow, this is awful!!
        Doctors on strike! Would never happen in Sweden. I agree with Toril, the French are notorious for striking. Studied for one semester there, and if not trains were on strike, the farmers were blocking the roads.....
        I was wondering whether tog go to my appointment in december or not, but now I think I will cancer it, since I now3 been to the norwegian clinic and seem tog get my Swedish doc to prescribe Restasis - If the medical producr agency agrees....So better see what happens here first. Also, I Will try contacts, although I have serious doubts4 about that.
        I might go to Paris for a second opinion next year instead. In spring....

Comment

Used to happen regularly when I lived in Greece many years ago. Cultural thing (I say that with affection). In strike 'season' regularly every year we'd cycle through all the usual suspects, utility companies, public transport, taxis, hospitals, banks, sanitation, you name it. Much more so now though with the financial situation and changes to policy about treating the uninsured.

I am so sorry. How frustrating when you've been waiting so long and had to go to so much trouble.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            I am so sorry. How frustrating when you've been waiting so long and had to go to so much trouble.
            Thanks Rebecca

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
            but now I think I will cancer it,
            I'd wait with cancelling, you can still do it 48hrs before... In case they don't agree for restasis in Sweden

Also, I Will try contacts, although I have serious doubts4 about that..
            What kind of contacts are you trying?
            I was offerd day and night 30 days contacts in Poland, but I didn't want them. I have psychological barrier, I am so afraid they would stick to my eyes at night.
            And I can't imagine how would they help, at the moment I have more problems with conjunctiva, cornea is fine...

Comment

Joanna, did you ffinally make it to Paris?
              I cancelled my December appointment but have scheduled a new visit in June and this time I will go. Swedish doc has been a disappointment to say the least.
              Anyone else who has been to Dr Baudouin in Paris?

Comment

Joanna, did you ffinally make it to Paris?
                I cancelled my December appointment but have scheduled a new visit in June and this time I will go. Swedish doc has been a disappointment to say the least.
                Anyone else who has been to Dr Baudouin in Paris?
                Hi, I never went there. I finally got the cyclosporinA in my local hospital (they had it delivered from 15-20s) and now I am on the new drops called Ikervis. I don't think I can get anything more in Paris.

And how are you sunshinelover?

Comment

Working...
                X