Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conjunctivochalasis (loose or excess conjunctiva?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conjunctivochalasis (loose or excess conjunctiva?)

Hi,

A few times since the onset of my eye issues, I've noticed that I can sometimes see a "ripple" on the surface of my eye that then smooths itself out. This tends to be on the nasal side and when I first noticed it, wasn't happening all too often.

Over the weekend, I noticed that this appears to be more permanent now, and I can readily recreate the rippling effect by applying pressure to my closed eyelid in the area, before opening my eye. On opening, it's possible to see the ripple of the conjunctiva as it goes from a bunched up state and gently smooths back out over my eye.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on to something here? Does everyone experience this? Could this be the cause of my discomfort? I've heard that some can experience this and not have any symptoms, but given the daily discomfort that I experience, there may be more to it. It's not something I ever noticed prior to the onset of pain, but then I would never have looked for it. I know that in cases that I have read about, it causes trauma with every blink and it has been the opening and closing of my eyelids that has caused discomfort over the past months. I would love to hear from anyone, even just to hear if you can recreate this effect in your eyes?

Last edited by savino; 26-Mar-2017, 13:33.

Comment

Thanks Savino. I will ask next time I get a chance. it's just very confusing because I hear that it's a commonly misdiagnosed reason for discomfort that mimics dry eye when the eyes don't appear to be dry. However, when it's frequently not diagnosed, how do you know who to trust? if my doctor says it's fine, but i know that it's regularly missed, where do I put my faith!?

Comment

Working...
      X