X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sceral Lenses in Europe

Dear all,

I have been Reading a lot about sceral lenses... in the US.

However I woul like to ask if you know a good place for sceral in Europe? Maybe we can ask Dr. G. to export his lenses O

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

I just had a look at the Scleral Lens Society page. Their list of scleral fitters has expanded a great deal since the last time I looked:

http://www.sclerallens.org/scleral-fitters

They do not have them organized regionally but I see two in Spain, a few in the Netherlands, and one in Israel. Sundry other interesting locations (incl. Chile). This is really encouraging!

You might want to find out what kind of lenses they are fitting. The Europa design of the Jupiter lens is supposed to be a real improvement for our types of cases.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

in Europe this new sclerals should be available: http://www.oogroup.it/oftaht/en/lenti_quotidia.html

"ALOE HYDRA SYSTEM
      Quotidia® Aloe lenses use an innovative patented system, the Aloe Hydra System (A.H.S.), that has a regenerative, antiinflammatory and analgesic effect on damaged tissues. Their unique composition supports the repair and regeneration of the ocular surface after pathological, surgical, and traumatic lesions, making them particularly effective as an ocular bandage and in anterior segment surgery.

FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EYE DROPS
      Quotidia® Aloe lenses are made of ionic materials (Methafilcon A and 55% H2O) which make them fully compatible with therapeutic eye drops (antibiotics, NSAIDs, etc.). "

But I don't have any experience with any sclerals, just encountered that recently. It's quite new so it may be problem find any opth who offer them. Moreover it can be of course just marketing and reality can be different.

Comment

When we lived in Basel, Switzerland 3 years ago, I had a pair of scleral lenses made by an optometrist working at University of Basel Hospital. It took a number of tries to get the right fit, but they worked for me. I have SJS scarred cornea and extreme dry eyes. The optometrist's name is Ralf Beuschel.

Comment

Working...
        X