How do I get Ikervis in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post

It is such a joke that Ikervis as a last resort.
    Why most people have to visit many doctors and still suffer? This is the main reason. Doctors do not intervene early enough.

I watched a lecture recently, some opinion leaders in USA discussing some cases.
    One case: patient with very red eyes (rosacea), no pain. Osmolarity were 325 or so etc.
    These doctors ALL said we need to catch/treat this patient earlier, with Restasis, xiidra etc.
    Because of NHS costs thats why. And your need to be considered severe for the treatment hence why last resort. I went to an opthamoligist and no help because i used castor oil and had 6 seconds tbut. No ikervis or scerelas mentioned.

Comment

Good to ask - if we dont try, we dont get it. If still no luck, ask WHY or try other doctors.
      tbut 6 sec does not mean you do not have inflammation nor water issue.
      Last edited by MGD1701; 13-Jan-2019, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

You mention very itchy eyes? I would check for allergies could be possible. They check your eye lids on the inside to see about this. I hope this helps!
        Hi the only time I got itchy eyes was when I had the punctal plugs in this summer, for that reason I had to have them removed after one month. I have hayfever which would have explained that.

I have had the insides of my eyelids examined by various doctors and they have said there is inflammation but they don't know why. I was on catanorm for a while but it didn't help. Apart from hayfever I do not think I am severely allergic to anything but I would like to get tested for allergies for peace of mind.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available on the NHS, and to get tested privately would cost me £450 here in London which is just too much for me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairpricerx

Hey. I have the same question. Have you already solved your problem?
          Hi yes I got a private prescription. I have to pay full price for it but it's better than not having it at all....

Comment

I got 2 boxes ikervis and restasis prescription that I don't use anymore, anyone wanna buy cheap?

Comment

Working...
            X