7-Eye sunglasses from online shop in Spain - great service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-Eye sunglasses from online shop in Spain - great service

I needed to order some moisture chamber sunglasses that do a better job of blocking wind than my Harley Davidson pair does, so I ordered a pair of 7-Eye Sedona's from Galaxa in Madrid.

http://galaxoptica.es/categoria-prod...afas-ojo-seco/ <- their full selection of glasses for dry eye

I ordered them online yesterday, and about 28 hours later I received my delivery - so fast! They even sent a free eyeglass care kit including mini screwdriver for tightening the screws if needed in future, a lens cloth, and lens cleaner.

I have a small face, so wasn't sure if the Sedona's would do the trick - I bought them based on the temple measurements on the 7-Eye U.S. website (https://7eye.com/products/sedona) - 138 mm temple-to-temple was the smallest width I could see on their site. The Sedona's actually fit my small face pretty good, although I had to adjust the arms so that they'd hold the glasses tighter to my face. I used the instructions here (https://www.zennioptical.com/how-to-...our-eyeglasses) to adjust the arms without breaking them. It took me about 20 minutes of heating them with a hair dryer, bending them to make my desired fit adjustment, holding them in position until cool, trying them on, repeat over and over until they were just right.

http://galaxoptica.es/producto/sedona/ <- they are actually tortoise shell brown, so not the same pattern as pictured on their site... but since I prefer tortoise shell to the stripe pattern, I'm happy.

The 7-eye's I used to wear (I don't remember the model, sorry!) showed the foam gasket from the side view, so weren't terribly attractive. These Sedona's are much better - the wide side arm totally hides the foam gasket, so they look a lot more like normal sunglasses as a result.

Posting to say that review from "guest" is from me :-)

Comment

A few more details about their online shop that may come in handy:

1. The site is in Spanish, but if you use the Google Chrome browser, Chrome will automatically translate it for you to the language of your choice (in my case, English).

2. They provide the option to check out with PayPal so you don't have to enter credit card info on their site.

I liked their service (and the glasses) so much that I just placed an order for a second pair. That way if a calamity happens and I break the first pair, I have a spare.

(I've never broken a pair of glasses before, but these are such a godsend that I don't want to risk not having a backup!)

Comment

The second pair that I ordered yesterday just arrived today and I'm impressed once again with the super fast delivery (keeping in mind that I'm in Spain right now, although in a different city than where this store is located).

Interestingly, their website doesn't specify whether or not you'll get a tortoise shell pattern, or not... you can choose the color (ex. brown), but not the pattern. The first pair I received was tortoise shell... this pair is more of a solid colour (the dark brown that's in the tortoise shell pattern, but without the tortoise shell pattern).

The tortoise shell one is 7-Eye Sedona F3260. This solid brown colour one is 7-Eye Sedona F3264. Sharing in case the pattern will matter to anyone else.. .maybe you can specify which one you want if you email them, but I'm not sure.

Another point of interest is that the solid brown colour one that I received today fits more snugly to my head... I'm assuming this is something related to the manufacturing and whatever molds 7-Eye uses to make the plastic front and side arms for the glasses.

They are definitely both Sedonas... they look identical at first glance (aside from the pattern)... but when you measure the space between the open side arms with a tape measure, the F3260 (tortoise shell) arms bow outwards a tad bit, whereas the F3264 (solid dark brown translucent) arms go slightly inwards. I don't know if this is a fluke, or not... but maybe if you have a narrow face, see if you can get the F3264, and if you have a medium-sized face, try the F3260's.

In any case, I'm glad I received the F3264's this time around because my face is small and the slightly more snug fit means I won't have to make as many adjustments to the frame (i.e. by heating it up with a hair dryer, bending it into place, holding until cool, check fit, repeat until perfect).

This time they did not send me an eyeglasses repair/care kit. But they did send me two rather delicious candies haha... red fruity ones... so the best color imho. :-) To be honest, since I already have the eyeglasses repair/care kit, I'm glad they sent the candies this time since I don't need two kits anyways and the candies were a nice treat!
        Last edited by SAAG; 11-Jan-2019, 07:28.

Comment

Also, a note about the 138mm temple-to-temple measurement for the Sedona's on the U.S. 7-Eye website. These ones I got here in Spain measure significantly smaller than that. I don't know if the ones sold in Europe are made at a different manufacturing plant and/or are purposely are sized differently. So please keep that in mind if you order these.

If I measure the width from the outside edge of one side arm to the outside edge of the other one, the widest point measures about 133mm... if I measure from the inside edge to the inside edge at the widest point of the side arms, it measure about 127mm of space for your head to fit into. So either way, it's not the 138mm described on the US site. If I measure across from inside edge to inside edge (side arms) where the hinge is (that attaches the side arms to the front of the glasses), it's about 124mm of space (which works great for my small face).

Comment

Working...
          X