Back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again

Hello, so did the IPL. All my glands are open and clear, but I still have dry eyes. Tbut 7 seconds. Optremist stresses that it's me being over thinking it's just uncomfortable blinking, using everything I've been asked of;fish oil, did IPL, allergy eye drops (allergies still slightly there), optimel.

he keeps saying to me 10 is normal for everyone but may vary for me as I blink quickly, but then tells me he's happy with my progress (So am I, just want my eyes to be comfortable even if I have to follow a routine). Then tells me to stop worrying, when I've lost my job and didn't get a uni place I hoped for. When I haven't thought about my eyes but kept questioning to see what else, so doing neurological route and seeing if I change my medication if that's the problem.

or, ikveris but again stressed with the next 3 options I'm mentioning I'll get shunted off because of my eyes are nice are clear no damage but still slightly dry. So, ikveris, sclera lenses, or blood drops. I never got any of the other two from the opthamologist no mention just keep doing what you are doing and fobbed off. It's 5 years, with no relief. Did alot to get there. Just, don't know why my glands are under producing, as I've been told no mgd but still got dry eyes. I did go off allergy drops due to when I had to go pick them up but got told it's good to take a break and return to them. Just want comfortable eyes even if needed a routine. I sorta thought IPL would make my glands go back to normal I had hoped for 10 seconds. Granted I am in no way ungreatful! I am happy, just I can't tell the difference whatever my tbut is under 10.

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
    Hello, so did the IPL. All my glands are open and clear, but I still have dry eyes. Tbut 7 seconds.

If your glands are alright and they are all open but you have a TBUT of 7s which is quite low (I believe even 10s of TBUT is quite low for young people) that means your glands are not secreting enough lipids. I am assuming that your glands are not blocked internally by hyperkeratinized epithelial cells or scar tissue or demodex brevis. Then the only thing that I doubt is you have the same problem as me - our glands are being affected by inflammatory mediators. Inflammation is probably what's causing our glands to secrete low volume of lipids.

Have you tried using MCGs to reduce the inflammation arising from dessication of your tear film and the consequent rise in tear hyperosmolarity?

Also do steroids and/or doxycycline tend to increase your TBUT (lipid secretions) or make you feel better symptomatically?

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

If your glands are alright and they are all open but you have a TBUT of 7s which is quite low (I believe even 10s of TBUT is quite low for young people) that means your glands are not secreting enough lipids. I am assuming that your glands are not blocked internally by hyperkeratinized epithelial cells or scar tissue or demodex brevis. Then the only thing that I doubt is you have the same problem as me - our glands are being affected by inflammatory mediators. Inflammation is probably what's causing our glands to secrete low volume of lipids.

Have you tried using MCGs to reduce the inflammation arising from dessication of your tear film and the consequent rise in tear hyperosmolarity?

Also do steroids and/or doxycycline tend to increase your TBUT (lipid secretions) or make you feel better symptomatically?
      In response no they have none of that, all open secreting nice clear oil and got all the blocked glands unblocked (wasn't many 5 glands on one eye lid, on both eyes). MCG? I've been using optimel which helps eyelid redness in reducing it. I was on a steroid a few years ago, maybe 2 by now(?), it was FML and it had no effect on me due to inflammation only being present due to allergies. But ketofall seems to be working alot better now but my last allergy drop stopped working didn't know why (catacrom). I've never had tetrcyclines introduced to me, probably due to the fact it's MGD or was. As I'm grade 0 (according to my optremist). It's just, I found out I had allergies and then tried alot but still a few left to try. Fish oil helps counter dryness for my allergy drops, and had IPL clear out blockages and keep it going nicely.

I've said yo my optremist that antidepressants never gave me dry eye before ever, but now that I have dry eye due to computer use, I'm not sure if it's causing problems with my oil glands too. As I've tried majority of regular methods. I did ask for inflammadry but got told due to no inflammation being present it was useless for it. So sorta wondering, what else could be the issue.

Comment

Yes, 7 seconds is definelty not a normal TBUT anything under 12 pretty much could be cause of concern. I don’t understand how your doctor can keep saying everything fine, milo is probably right with some kind of systemic immune inflammatory markers affecting things.

Comment

In response no they have none of that, all open secreting nice clear oil and got all the blocked glands unblocked (wasn't many 5 glands on one eye lid, on both eyes). MCG? I've been using optimel which helps eyelid redness in reducing it. I was on a steroid a few years ago, maybe 2 by now(?), it was FML and it had no effect on me due to inflammation only being present due to allergies. But ketofall seems to be working alot better now but my last allergy drop stopped working didn't know why (catacrom). I've never had tetrcyclines introduced to me, probably due to the fact it's MGD or was. As I'm grade 0 (according to my optremist). It's just, I found out I had allergies and then tried alot but still a few left to try. Fish oil helps counter dryness for my allergy drops, and had IPL clear out blockages and keep it going nicely.

I've said yo my optremist that antidepressants never gave me dry eye before ever, but now that I have dry eye due to computer use, I'm not sure if it's causing problems with my oil glands too. As I've tried majority of regular methods. I did ask for inflammadry but got told due to no inflammation being present it was useless for it. So sorta wondering, what else could be the issue.
          MCG - Moisture Chamber Glasses. You should get them to help your eyes heal better.

I think inflammation is a definite problem for you. From my personal experience I can tell that inflammation regulates the volume of lipid secretions directly. So if your glands are alright and all open and you can bring down the inflammation your TBUT should increase even further. MCGs will help decrease inflammation if used on a regular basis. You may try low dose doxycycline (20mg-50mg) once daily for a month or two and it will certainly help with inflammation.

Did you find out the allergens for you?

Chronic use of anti allergic medications are actually detrimental to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
            Yes, 7 seconds is definelty not a normal TBUT anything under 12 pretty much could be cause of concern. I don’t understand how your doctor can keep saying everything fine, milo is probably right with some kind of systemic immune inflammatory markers affecting things.
            Yeah he kept telling me that I'm obsessed when I've been concerned over other issues in my life aka being jobless going uni. But then says 10 seconds is normal for most, but then I said about I know I have to hit ten seconds. He's happy with my progress so am I, just sometimes feels like he's assuming I'm obsessing. I just want comfort

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

MCG - Moisture Chamber Glasses. You should get them to help your eyes heal better.

I think inflammation is a definite problem for you. From my personal experience I can tell that inflammation regulates the volume of lipid secretions directly. So if your glands are alright and all open and you can bring down the inflammation your TBUT should increase even further. MCGs will help decrease inflammation if used on a regular basis. You may try low dose doxycycline (20mg-50mg) once daily for a month or two and it will certainly help with inflammation.

Did you find out the allergens for you?

Chronic use of anti allergic medications are actually detrimental to your eyes.
              I've been told I have no inflammation but that doesn't add up to the fact my eyes are still slightly dry. I've never been prescribed doxy I don't know why it's something I haven't tried. Allergies are most likely dust or animal dander. Got told it's useless trying to get allergy testing to find out as it can be a struggle trying to avoid allergens.

I sometimes take breaks when needed from the drops.

Comment

I mean it’s your body, and if it doesn’t feel right then somethings up. Just because it’s good for him doesn’t mean it’s good for you. You’re the one that has to live with it. Don’t stop for anything less than perfection, if he’s got a problem with obsession he’s in the wrong profession. Eyes are no joke, I’m so ****ing sick of these doctors and their attitudes.

Comment

I mean it’s your body, and if it doesn’t feel right then somethings up. Just because it’s good for him doesn’t mean it’s good for you. You’re the one that has to live with it. Don’t stop for anything less than perfection, if he’s got a problem with obsession he’s in the wrong profession. Eyes are no joke, I’m so ****ing sick of these doctors and their attitudes.
                  Well said. We need more doctors with MGD. Then only they can get a feel of the helplessness.

Comment

Hello, so did the IPL. All my glands are open and clear, but I still have dry eyes. Tbut 7 seconds. Optremist stresses that it's me being over thinking it's just uncomfortable blinking, using everything I've been asked of;fish oil, did IPL, allergy eye drops (allergies still slightly there), optimel.
                    Hi Epicjinx,

How long did you use Optimel to clean your eyes?
                    I have permenant red veins in my eyes. Warm compressing made it worse. Most optometrist told me that it is impossible to get it worse with warm compressing but nevertheless I got it.

You mentioned that Optimel helped you. Could you please share what kind of redness did you have and how did it help? I used Optimel about a month but didn't see much result. So perhaps need to use it longer.

Comment

He does have dry eyes and tells me his allergies are worse. Despite mines being yearly... I was obsessed last year now I'm just hoping to hit that Mark for myself. He said he'd write a letter on Tuesday but I assume he's busy writing letters to lots of other people's Gps.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Hi Epicjinx,

How long did you use Optimel to clean your eyes?
                        I have permenant red veins in my eyes. Warm compressing made it worse. Most optometrist told me that it is impossible to get it worse with warm compressing but nevertheless I got it.

You mentioned that Optimel helped you. Could you please share what kind of redness did you have and how did it help? I used Optimel about a month but didn't see much result. So perhaps need to use it longer.
                        I don't use it to clean my eyes? I put it on my eyelid margin as it states to. It normally takes a month, I've been using it for 2 months ran our then bought it again. I only use it maybe twice a day, it helps with comfort. Redness it only stings when applying then that's it. Hope this helps with your question.

Comment

I totally agree. It's just been 5 years of going round in a circle getting so close but not at the normal 10 seconds. It's just strange, he says 10 seconds is normal for everyone but when I question why I'm not at it, he gave me a few options. I appreciate that but made me come of obsessive... when I've barely thought about my eyes. I didn't use optimel before my appointment so, so it's 7 seconds. I'm just wondering, if inflammation can be inside the glands? But confused as I thought IPL would help reduce inflammation.

Comment

This disease is so intricate and complex that even with all the research it is hard to find the cure. I could not say what’s causing your TBUT to be low, there’s way too many variables and even then it’s just speculation. One thing that might be of high probability is inflammation, but what’s causing it sometimes it’s almost impossible to find. there’s too many chemicals and hormones and vitamins and minerals in the body something is off, and whether we can control that or not who knows.

Comment

I'm just wondering, if inflammation can be inside the glands? But confused as I thought IPL would help reduce inflammation.
                              Yes definitely the inflammation can exist inside the glands and that's what makes your glands malfunction.

IPL would help calm down the inflammation temporarily but if the source of inflammation is not eliminated then it will keep coming back. It's so important to find out the source of inflammation and address it.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig3_276854904

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig3_266151685

Comment

Working...
                              X