X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurred vision & painful eye

Hi,

Well it's been over two years since I last posted and feel a little sheepish coming back now after such as long hiatus.

Over that time things have been good for me, I was seeing a consultant at my local hospital who noted bumps under my eyelids and general inflammation. After quite a long course of FML and Opatanol drops my eyes improved and I was maintaining on Opatanol once a day and blink tears for 18 months...

Until a couple of months ago I felt some discomfort in my right eye. After seeing the opth again, he noted the bumps and put me back on the FML. My right eye has gone down hill from there. Past few days, vision is blurred and eye is very sore. Booked into my opticians and she noted corneal erosions on the lower part of my cornea and prescribed some chloramphenicol eye drops and hylo forte with viscotears at night. Work was a nightmare today, trying to use a PC with blurred vision and pain. I'm not going in tomorrow until I get over this blip and put my manager in the picture. Left eye, no problems, it's dry, but being managed well.

so currently on FML, Opatanolol, hylo forte, viscotears (L&R) and chloramphenicol R

I am going back to the opticians tomorrow to see what's going on as this blurred vision and pain is another level for me and without improvement is going to be a major issue to my working life. I am hoping the blurred vision can be fixed, and the pain....drops are not fixing the blurring either, feels really inflamed.

Just seems odd to me that it is one eye only.

any comments gladly received....

Hello,

so i saw an emergency eye doc yesterday for my blurred vision. i could only read a few lines down on the chart with my blurred eye but interestingly when using a pinhole i could see all the lines. Apart from the eye dryness and allergic conjunctivitis the eye exam was unremarkable. i did get new glasses a month ago so i am wondering if this is eye strain in my right eye. she also suggested that the immflamation from the allergies could be causing a change in eye prescription. Now reverted back to some old glasses to see if that helps.

Comment

Well another trip to the opticians and same issues, corneal staining inferiorly. She thinks that as the day goes on the defects may rise to affect the visual field. Totally lost and helpless now, using drops every 30 mins to help with the pain but they are not working that well. Moving onto viscotears to increase the time on the eye. She mentioned plugs, can i get them on the NHS??? I can't see how i can go back to work on Monday....

Comment

Working...
      X