This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis in the UK

I've finally managed to get hold of Restasis on-line! I've been using it for 2 weeks now and so far so good. I don't experience any burning or stinging when I use it and my eyes have been feeling quite good this last week, slightly less dry and not so badly inflamed.

If anyone in the UK wants the website address, just drop me a private message.

Helen

restasis

Please could you give me E mail address for this drug - i want to give it a try
    Do you need a doctors perscription for it? and how much is it?
    Thanks - Hope you have a good week - free of eye problems
    Stella

Comment

restasis research

Decided against restasis meantime till i get more info(maybe i'm too cautiuous!)
      For you readers - www.dryeyeblog.com
      Apparantly research shows it not to have helped
      Although all the annecdotal avidence of a lot of people out there would disagree
      decisions ,decisions - hard to make
      Stella

Comment

Hi

i have ordered restasis from that website as well. Havent recieved it yet and am abit apprehensive about it.

The thing about restasis not helping for lasik patients is interesting. Maybe you should put a post in the open forum and see if anyone has been helped by restasis as there is greater visibility.

Dr gilbert claims that dry eye is caused by his Increased tear osmolarity theory and advises people to use theratears. But ive never heard any significant reports on the DEZ about theratears effectiveness (other than as an artifical tear) and it never worked for me, whereas i have heard LOADS n LOADS of reports about the effectiveness of restasis. it may not be very scientific but you can still get an idea of how good a product is from reading all the success stories.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Be careful when ordering restasis from a website. I spent £30 on 3 x 0.3ml bottles of "Restasis" which, when they arrived in a handwritten letter from India, contained Cyclomune which is a generic restasis type substance. However Rebecca informed me that it contains preservatives which do not help the condition. I tried it for a week but my eyes began to sting so I stopped. I guess the fact that they were not in individual vials should have been a clue.

Comment

I have recieved this restasis, and it is the genuine stuff. I have used it before so i know what it looks like. The box is the same, the instructions are the same, and the vials are the same, and it feels the same. It has the english allergan instructions and thai instructions as it came from thailand.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

NHS 24 info

Regarding Restasis - NHS 24 website has dry eye info, under Treatment, Artificial tears "Some types that are available on prescription contain restasis, which is a drug that encourages the eyes to make more tears."
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Restasis website

Originally posted by Helen26 View Post
                I've finally managed to get hold of Restasis on-line! I've been using it for 2 weeks now and so far so good. I don't experience any burning or stinging when I use it and my eyes have been feeling quite good this last week, slightly less dry and not so badly inflamed.

If anyone in the UK wants the website address, just drop me a private message.

Helen
                Hi what is the website where you can get restasis from?

Comment

Hi guys, I have recently spent some time in the US for a year and due to this I have established a good relationship with an opthamologist in Phoenix, AZ.

I am able to get restasis relatively cheap through a dispensary he supplied me - I am waiting to see if the first order I make (which will be for private use) is a genuine Allergan product. I used it for 3 months out in the states and was definitely genuine but was sooooo expensive!

It seemed to work for me and I would be happy to supply anyone if they are interested let me know

Comment

Cyclosporine is easily available in various formulations and bases, including a Restasis equivalent, from Moorfields Pharmaceuticals UK http://www.moorfieldspharmaceuticals.co.uk/ either by NHS or private prescription. It is not expensive here and has been widely used for years.

Why would anyone consider buying a prescription immunomodulator for their eyes without Ophthalmologist supervision and not through a regulated Pharmacy?

Dealing meds to vulnerable people is against forum policy, Marco, but you can easily get it on prescription in UK if it's helping you http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...for-all-users).

In June 2012 we were talking about allergies - did you have improvement in Arizona?
                    Last edited by littlemermaid; 24-Jul-2013, 16:15.
                    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                    X