Genteal gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genteal gel

I was wondering...are there any eyegel similar to Genteal gel available on the European market? Does anyone know?

Greetings, Toril

Tears Again

Toril,
    When there was a shortage of the GenTeal Gel in the tube last year, I searched and found this product and ordered it: http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Again-Ni.../dp/B00012FL3S

I found that it worked pretty much like the GenTeal Gel but it did not apply as easy. It tended to come out of the tube with a big plop which wasted a lot. I don't know if it is available in Europe tho.

Billye

Comment

GenTeal gel

Does anyone know where to buy this in quantity? At $10+ for a large tube, it is getting very expensive.
      Thanks,
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine

Just checking through some previous posts and found this one.

I found a generic version of Genteal Gel in Australia. It is called HPMC PAA and is an identical generic product marketed by Ciba Vision Australia.

I got mine for AUD$5.95 per tube from "Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse".

Here is a website that sells Genteal Gel (epharmacy)http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product....l+0%2E3%25+10g

Not sure if you now someone in Australia who may be able to send it too you. Sorry I am not there, I would be happy to assist if I was.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Genteal Gel

Thanks, Ian!
          I like the ad: "Only 3-4 applications a day necessary", haha, they haven't met us!
          I like it especially when driving and I can't put my head back for drops. Except sometimes for no apparent reason it burns and I have to shut my eyes which is a drawback, except that I live in Boston, where it is normal to pay no attention to driving.
          Elaine

Comment

I have finally discovered why the generic version of Genteal Gel (HPMC PAA) marketed by Ciba Vision is identicial to Genteal Gel marketed by Novartis.

They the same company, Novartis is part of the Ciba Vision group.

Useless information but I just thought I would share my enlightenment.

Ian

Comment

Genteal gel

Somewhere on this forum there were a thread discussing dissapearing preservatives, but I couldn't remember where,..so...I write here instead.

I've noticed that many people here use Genteal gel during the night, and I also ordered it myself from Australia(!!...as it's not available in Europe).Genteal is containing GenAqua, a dissapearing preservative. What was talked about here on the DEZ though, is that only people with mild dry eye should use products like that (as there need to be some tears in the eyes to make the preservative to dissapear,..with little or no tears the preservatives will stay in the eye).

Is it then a good idea that people with very dry eyes use this product all night long, day after day? Just asking. Has anyone got experience with it for long-term use?

Toril

Comment

Genteal Gel is relatively popular as a nightly-use product amongst the severe dry eye crowd including Sjogrens patients (remember the uproar when it was recalled back in 2005?) and there seem to be a great many people using it on a long term basis with no ill effects. While some find it effective and others don't, and there are always exceptions, and any input on these boards is anecdotal anyway etc etc... I have to say I have never observed any measureable trends here of people saying they got worse or developed a sensitivity to it with long-term use. That in itself, of course, does not mean a lot.

For some suggestions on whether/how to use drops with preservatives please see our page on preservatives
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Hej Toril,

The thread you where looking for may be this one here

Hilsen fra Kakinda

Comment

Working...
                  X