X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Optimax eye spray

Hello,
    Has anyone noticed the new optimax dry eye spray for sale at £14.95 a bottle?

It has the same ingredients as Clarymist but £2 dearer.

Bruce.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

My guess: It IS Clarymist, under a private label. Hmph. Says a lot when a laser chain is putting its own name on a dry eye product.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Indeed

Oops - actually they are Optrex not Optimax... Optrex Actimist

Anyway I thought it must be licensed via patent - surely in this copyright day and age.

To try and be funny - do these companies use a dry eye name generator? I.E. an alternative for eye-wet or wet-eye: Opti-mist Opti-lube Opti-spray Aqua-lube Aquaopt Aquaeye Aquaocc Occulube Occumist Occuwet Occufoam ... sorry just being cynical
      Last edited by brd888; 27-Jan-2009, 05:25.
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

LOL - I kind of wondered. And I agree about the names. We ought to come up with our own descriptive names sometime. Y'know, like:

"Greasy Dry Eye Goop"
        "Burns Like Hell But Might Help In Six Months"
        "Soothing Drop But Must Be Reapplied Every 15 Minutes"
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Bruce,

It's the exact same stuff, bottled in the same place, just £2 more expensive.

As for the naming debarkle.... trust me, Clarymist took us long enough to come up with, Actimist could almost of been amongst the several hundred names I came up with... You start getting a bit spaced out when trying to come up with a product name, every time you think you've come up with a good one, it's been trademarked elsewhere!

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            LOL - I kind of wondered. And I agree about the names. We ought to come up with our own descriptive names sometime. Y'know, like:

"Greasy Dry Eye Goop"
            "Burns Like Hell But Might Help In Six Months"
            "Soothing Drop But Must Be Reapplied Every 15 Minutes"
            Rebacca, your post had me in stitches of laughter, probably the only time I have laughed about our condition.

Comment

Optrex had a bid TV advertising campaign for ActiMist and I was persuaded to buy some under an introductory offer that offered a few pounds off. What a disappointment! I tried some on my right eye, to which I'd been applying Viscotears in the evenings, but almost immediately experienced discomfort and was glad to use some Lacrilube.

I very seldom apply anything to my left eye, which has a slightly erratic tear flow, but I tried Actimist on that - it didn't seem to make any difference.

Perhaps the product is designed for people with relatively minor symptoms, such as those that happen after staring at a PC screen for several hours?

Moonraker

Comment

It's specifically for people who suffer from evaporative dry eye, with an aim to improving the quality of the lipid barrier, and reducing further evaporation. If actual tear formation is the issue for you, then it will not be of great help.

With regards to how it works, you won't get an immediate "wet" feeling like you would a drop, just a gradual improvement in lubrication from the reduced evaporation rate.

Discomfort is unusual - there is 0.5% phenoxyethanol in the product, but due to the aerosol delivery action, the vast majority of it dissipates before hitting your eyelid, and even more so by the time it reaches the lid margin. It's used as it's a very highly tolerated ingredient, however, as with anything, there is a minority of people who can be hyper sensitive.

Since my last post we're actually now back on the market under a new name - Eye Logic - bit cheaper than optrex

Comment

Save your money or chuck your money down the drain,ive used both makes both exactly the same, both very expensive, both stings like hell! Both made my eye condition a lot worse!

Rich.

Comment

Working...
                  X