X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castor oil

Hi There.

Wont go into the 40 yrs + of dry eye and in the last 10 yrs constantly awfull everyday as some of you know tried it all i thought but must admit never tried castor oil drops at night as per American lady on you tube.

Have just googled castor oil and whilst it has many benefits for various health problems, one site says keep it away from your eyes as could cause bad stinging. the you tube video does actually say it stings and makes tears but all good in the end??

Anybody tried castor oil; yes/ no worth a try?? my eyes are only getting worse,this summer is a nightmare and being a builder i ought to enjoying the summer before the great British winter weather gets here.

Many thanks.

Rich.

Cambs UK

We use castor oil in aviation maintenance. If aircraft hydraulic fluid (skydrol) gets in ours eyes, it burns/blinds us temporarily. The only thing that helps is pure castor oil which gets rid of the burning immediately when we pour it into our eyes. I've used it for when my eyes are the driest. It's a thick lube and the cloudiness from the oil goes away quickly. It doesn't solve any of my dry eye issues other than provide temporary comfort. Some eye drops are now formulated with castor oil.

Comment

Rich S,

I really don't know about castor oil in the eyes...I have seen this discussion a few times but I've never explored it as an option, if you go right to the bottom of this page you will see a list of other threads that discussed this.

However I do know for sure, and many other people here will tell you that panoptx galsses, that are for sale through the dry eye store, and may be available your side of the water are amzing at cutting out irritaion from the wind. No it doesn't cure dry eye but it does make going outside a lo t easier.

bernadette

Comment

I don't know about castor oil but I use Soothe XP tears with mineral oil. Thy are the only ones that help as I have severe dry eye.

Comment

Damn.

Hello mate,

I saw the video too. The black woman right?
          I tried it after a bit of deliberation and had to order from ebay, as the UK does not sell it.

Didn't work for me though. Did a few days in a row at night. Made them worse if anything.
          Sorry to bring bad news.
          I'm going to my local hospital (norwich, england) on Friday. Really HOPE they can offer me something as I'm sick to ******** death of this ****.

All the best

Comment

...is anyone familiar with allergic reactions to castor oil? I've been using Restasis (which contains castor oil) for more than 2 years now, and I've developed a problems with swollen lids and puffiness around the eyes in the morning especially. Trying to figure out what is causing it...

Toril
            Last edited by Toril; 13-Oct-2009, 12:44. Reason: writing error

Comment

Working...
            X