Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper eye drop instillation

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a four drop regimen of restasis, lotemax gel, patanol, and artificial tears. I am taking the lotemax and patanol because of very bad ocular allergies that has manifested into papillary conjunctivitis (I have seen an optometrist about this). I have been on restasis for about two months, and had about a week and a half of improved and good feeling eyes before the allergies kicked in, so bad timing.

I have a question on eye drop instillation. Since I am on steroids and anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories, what's the best way to instil the eye drops? I read different things in different sources. My current method is:

Place the drop in the pouch in the lower eyelid, and gently close my eyes. Place a finger at the corner of my eye near the nose to close the punctum, and keep my eyes closed for 2 minutes. In the lotemax gel pamphlet I received from CVS, it even says to roll my eyes (while they're closed) a few times in order to get the medication spread around the eye.

Is this a good method? Does rolling the eyes help? My conjunctivitis is on the upper eye lids, so my hope is to get the medication up there.

Thanks for your insights.
Working...
X