Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper eye drop instillation

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a four drop regimen of restasis, lotemax gel, patanol, and artificial tears. I am taking the lotemax and patanol because of very bad ocular allergies that has manifested into papillary conjunctivitis (I have seen an optometrist about this). I have been on restasis for about two months, and had about a week and a half of improved and good feeling eyes before the allergies kicked in, so bad timing.

I have a question on eye drop instillation. Since I am on steroids and anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories, what's the best way to instil the eye drops? I read different things in different sources. My current method is:

Place the drop in the pouch in the lower eyelid, and gently close my eyes. Place a finger at the corner of my eye near the nose to close the punctum, and keep my eyes closed for 2 minutes. In the lotemax gel pamphlet I received from CVS, it even says to roll my eyes (while they're closed) a few times in order to get the medication spread around the eye.

Is this a good method? Does rolling the eyes help? My conjunctivitis is on the upper eye lids, so my hope is to get the medication up there.

Thanks for your insights.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X