Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had any luck using testosterone cream for dry eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had any luck using testosterone cream for dry eyes?

Hello Everyone,
    I have been suffering from dry eyes (MGD) for about 4 years now and I am currently 31 years old (female). It had been a super frustrating and depressing experience, and like many of you know.. No one really understands.. or they don't see how red your eyes actually are like you do. Like most of you, I have no answers as to why this has happened. I have tried many drops and methods to try to get some relief, however no luck. I even had lipiflow performed in Jan 2016... which really didn't help. I would not recommend it for the money it will cost you. Not to be too negative but maybe it would be beneficial to certain people, but was a waste of money to me, but hey I was desparate. I constantly use systane gel drops throughout the day because of course my work is mostly computer work. I am really frustrated all the time about it.. and yes some days I just want to hide in my bedroom. I also used to love my blue eyes, they were always an attribute I loved about myself. Now they are red most of the time and I fear they will just keep getting worse.

I am in perfect health otherwise which makes me think there is an answer for me somewhere out there. I have started to see a naturopath to see if maybe they can provide me with a different approach and some answers. I sometimes wonder if it is a hormone imbalance? I had blood work done a year and half ago to rule out any autoimmune diseases which was terrifying to do, but everything was normal, which was good to hear but again frustrating because again I was lost for answers.

I am also curious about any other treatments people have tried. I have seen an optomologist who put me on restasis again for the second time.. ya doesn't really help me too much. He also recommended punctal plugs (which I am not interested in) and blepharplasty.. which made me thinks ooooo a money grab.

Just wanted to reach out to the dry eye community as I am constantly obsessed researching it, and find it helps to talk about it with people who truly understand. Has anyone tried or had any luck with testosterone cream? After seeing "the Doctors episode" I am curious to try it and see if it works.

Have you thought about trying Doxyciline? Use google will tell you how it might help.

Comment

And you are right. No ONE understands how this affects a persons quality of life,not even doctors.

Comment

Hi Klee,
        Thank you for your response. Yes I have tried doxy and didn't have any improvement on it. Thank you anyways!

Comment

I completely relate to you! I have had dry red since pregnancy and they don’t seem to ever get better! I’m frustrated and nothing seems to work, compresses, omega, drops , vitamins, manual expression of glands etc

i am am also wondering if anyone has had dry eyes due to hormones as I’m constantly battling inflammation that never seems to improve! My eyes constantly look red and irritated and have permanent red veins visible to me although others don’t seem to think they are that bad!

Sooooo frustrating!

Comment

I'm male, but my testosterone levels are in the trash because of prior steroid use. When I look back, I realize a year or so after I stopped taking them, my dry eye started. Then I got some dust in my eyes and that lead to extreme discomfort. That happened 3 years after my last shot of testosterone.

My free test was 60 and 72 was the low end of the reference range. I started injecting 100mg test cypionate a week about 2.5 months ago. I believe it has helped my glands function better. It's not a cure. I still do compress and lid hygiene twice a day minimum and use restasis and serum tears. But my mood is better, my outlook on my lid disease and EBMD is better. So it's been a huge benefit and I encourage anyone, male or female to get their hormones balanced.

Comment

How do you get your hormones balanced!? I would love to know how! I eat right, run , and take care of myself and still just can’t seem to feel as I did before pregnancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Frustrated34 View Post
                How do you get your hormones balanced!? I would love to know how! I eat right, run , and take care of myself and still just can’t seem to feel as I did before pregnancy!
                You need bloodwork and a good endo that can properly adjust your hormones. Having bloodwork prior to pregnancy would be great too, so you can see what's dropped or raised, if anything. Having an initial bloodwork when you were healthy to compare against may help a great deal.

Comment

Thank you !! I have never had hormones checked but had regular blood work done!!

Comment

Working...
                  X