Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go to Sankara Nethralaya for post-lasik dry eyes consultation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go to Sankara Nethralaya for post-lasik dry eyes consultation?

A doctor recommended that I should consult Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, about my post-lasik dry eyes. I would like to know whether this eye hospital is worth booking a ticket and travelling to. Are there any dry-eye (preferably post-lasik) success stories, or even the unfortunate ones, you have experienced or heard of?

Thanks! looking forward to your stories...

Hi heamjaa. Was thinking about you when posting a reply to someone who will be trying scleral lenses.

If you do decide to make the trip to Sankara Nethralaya, I think it would be worth your time to have a consult appointment while you are there to try on a sample of the Boston PROSE scleral lenses, since they offer them there. The doctors who fit Boston lenses are trained and certified in a full-time program, before they can fit patients with these lenses. So you could have a better chance of knowing whether these lenses might work for you now or down the road, as opposed to later seeing an optometrist in your country who may not have as much training and experience.

i realize there are likely many other treatments you are considering for your visit there. Just didn't want you to miss an opportunity to at least try on scleral lenses with
    doctors well trained in this area, as this is not readily available everywhere.

Comment

Working...
    X