Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Sodium Hyaluronate or Vismed or Optimmune???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Sodium Hyaluronate or Vismed or Optimmune???

I've been having chronic dry eye for years and using Systane Balance then Ultra eye drops with no results. Especially all the dry eye symptoms...became triple worse on my left eye. I think it may or may not have to do with my 5 year old cataract surgery which went well, except they also found in this left eye a "calcification" (Band Keratopathy) which got scraped. The ophthalmologists I saw for 2nd opinion said everything was done properly and there's nothing they can do. Any similar cases in this forum?

In my constant search for something that will help at least my poor left eye, I found here: https://www.reviews.com/eye-drops/ that they recommend a "Sodium Hyaluronate" as being a better ingredient and wonder whether anyone in this forum might've tried it?

And just now I saw some Amazon customers reviewing and swearing by Vismed Lubricant Eye Drops. Still another reviewer there said Optimmune helped her a lot (it's a dog medication!), oh well. But would anyone in this forum might've used or at least heard of these eye drops? I'm hoping for opinions. See the reviews of Vismed here (scrolling down): https://www.amazon.com/Vismed-Lubric...pe=all_reviews

Hope I haven't confused anyone, but I'm very hopeful of finding a medicine that will work and to this end I need your opinions. Thank you very much for "listening".

P.S. I'm sorry if I posted this message in the wrong place. I'm confused as to WHERE to post.....

Hi Adela,

I just want to clarify that Optimmune is an animal medication containing Cyclosporine (immunosuppressant) and not an eye lubricant with sodium hyaluronate. Restasis is similar to Optimmune, So you can search here Restasis and may ask to prescribe this to your doctor if it is suitable for your case. Eye drops with sodium hyaluronate are various, they are new generation lubricants and are said to be better than old lubricant substances (such as Polyethylene Glycol used in Systane). You can search eye drops with sodium hyaluronate in this webside, http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk/. It is better to use preservative free eye drops.

Comment

Hi Adela,

I've heard Sodium hyaluronate is the same as Vismed. I don't know about the Optimmune though.. but if it's only for ANIMALS there's a reason! please don't do that! I'm pretty sure there's something else that can work for you!

Comment

Hi Adelia,
        My doctor prescribed me Vismed (preservative free). It contains hyaluronic acid to keep tear. I'm glad with it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuto View Post
          Hi Adela,

I just want to clarify that Optimmune is an animal medication containing Cyclosporine (immunosuppressant) and not an eye lubricant with sodium hyaluronate. Restasis is similar to Optimmune, So you can search here Restasis and may ask to prescribe this to your doctor if it is suitable for your case. Eye drops with sodium hyaluronate are various, they are new generation lubricants and are said to be better than old lubricant substances (such as Polyethylene Glycol used in Systane). You can search eye drops with sodium hyaluronate in this webside, http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk/. It is better to use preservative free eye drops.
          Hello and thank you chuto for your concerns about the wrong drops and good suggestions. I do know it's for dogs and no I wouldn't use it, but I was wondering what others thought of it since, as mentioned, Amazon customers are using and thinking the world of it. I thought at this time I'd try simpler things (like drops containing sodium hyaluronate) and if this doesn't help I'd venture with Restasis of which I read to be rather cautious....thanks also for the link to find the SH, I'll try the preservative version.

Comment

Originally posted by sophie0416 View Post
            Hi Adela,

I've heard Sodium hyaluronate is the same as Vismed. I don't know about the Optimmune though.. but if it's only for ANIMALS there's a reason! please don't do that! I'm pretty sure there's something else that can work for you!
            Oh no!!! I guess we must do some more research! I did search Sodium hyaluronate quite a bit and didn't see anywhere that it's the same as Vismed. Thanks for cautioning me against the Vismed!

Comment

Originally posted by mbperso View Post
              Hi Adelia,
              My doctor prescribed me Vismed (preservative free). It contains hyaluronic acid to keep tear. I'm glad with it.
              Oh wow! Then Sophie is right about Sodium Hyaluronic contained in or being the same as Vismed!!! Oh my, you never know the strange connections in pharmaceuticals do you??? Well, now I'm more confused than ever...

Comment

Hi Adela,
                Sorry I don't understand the problem with Vismed. A lot of doctor recommend it in Europe. And for me it is fine.

Comment

I have been needing persistent dry eye for many years and utilizing Systane Balance afterward Ultra eye drops without the results. Especially all of the dry eye disorders. . I believe that it might or might not need to do with my year old cataract operation that went well, but that they also discovered inside this left eye that a"calcification" (Band Keratopathy) that obtained stabilized. The ophthalmologists I watched for 2nd remark said everything has been done correctly and there is nothing they could do. Any similar instances within this discussion?

In my continuous search for something which will assist at my bad left eye, I personally discovered here: Best eye lubricant they urge a"Sodium Hyaluronate" like being a much better ingredient and also wonder if anyone within this forum could have attempted it?

And only now I saw several Amazon clients reviewing and swearing from Vismed Lubricant Eye Drops. Another reviewer there stated Optimmune assisted her a lot (it is a dog medicine!) , oh good. However, would anyone within this forum could have used or heard of those eye drops? I am hoping for remarks.

Hope I have not confused anyone, however I am really optimistic of finding a medication that'll function and to the end I want your comments.

P.S. I am sorry when I posted this article in the incorrect location. I am perplexed as to WHERE to article...

Comment

Working...
                  X