eyelid ulcer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyelid ulcer?

I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas of what might be going on with my eyelid. My left eye is the eye that has always caused my problems, i.e. MGD, ocular rosacea, severely dry, etc. My right eye hasn't been the problem and I can even wear a contact, but over the last couple of days I noticed what felt like a eyelash was poking my eye or eyelid on that eye. I took a closer look yesterday with a magnifying mirror and I noticed a small "dip" or ulcer in my bottom eyelid near the outer corner. It burns a little and is slightly itchy. Any ideas? I use castor oil on my eyes and in my eyes which has been a life saver. I know that the CO can be cytotoxic and I'm trying to find an alternative. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jeanne
    Jeanne
    Ocular rosacea, MGD, RK 94

Originally posted by jthomp View Post
    I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas of what might be going on with my eyelid. My left eye is the eye that has always caused my problems, i.e. MGD, ocular rosacea, severely dry, etc. My right eye hasn't been the problem and I can even wear a contact, but over the last couple of days I noticed what felt like a eyelash was poking my eye or eyelid on that eye. I took a closer look yesterday with a magnifying mirror and I noticed a small "dip" or ulcer in my bottom eyelid near the outer corner. It burns a little and is slightly itchy. Any ideas? I use castor oil on my eyes and in my eyes which has been a life saver. I know that the CO can be cytotoxic and I'm trying to find an alternative. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jeanne
    Jeanne, have you called or gone to your doctor yet? I have MGD & Ocular Rosacea, too. I've spent so much time on eye appointments that I tend to want to avoid going in to be seen! Something like what you describe, an ulcer/dip that has symptoms of burning/itching, I'd definitely get a doctor to check because it may be an infection that needs to be treated right away.

Comment

No I haven't gone to the dr. yet. You are right about having to go to so many appointments and basically being told the same thing. I was hoping It would go away on it's own. I really hope it's nothing serious. Thanks for your reply
      Jeanne
      Ocular rosacea, MGD, RK 94

Comment

Working...
      X