Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatraSan First Aid Spray may be safe for eyelid hygiene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatraSan First Aid Spray may be safe for eyelid hygiene!

Consider the characteristics of NatraSan First Aid Spray:

· Hypochlorous acid of 0.017%

· pH neutral

· Saline solution of 0.05%

· No preservatives

These are the characteristics of the Ocusoft 'Hypochlor' spray, which has been approved by the FDA for eye hygiene:

· Hypochlorous acid of 0.02%

· pH neutral

· Saline solution

· Preservative: sodium hypochlorite - also known as bleach

By the logic of analogy, if HYPOCHLOR is safe to clean eyelids than so must be NATRASAN FIRST AID SPRAY.

I am convinced by these facts and have recently started to use Natrasan first aid spray applying it two times a day, by spraying it liberally onto a cotton disc and then wiping my closed eye lids with the moist disc from left to right. Please click on the link of a short video by Ocusoft on how to use their spray to clean eyelids.

I think it is also reasonable to claim that what 'Avenova' says, which has been approved by the FDA as a medical device for eyelid hygiene and contains pure Hypochlorous acid, also holds for NatraSan First Aid Spray. By implication this means that the NatraSan spray could be useful for treating blepharitis, dry eye and even rosacea ocular.

There must be millions who cannot afford the price of Avenova, which costs $ 300 in the US, or even Hypochlor, which cost about €80.00 in Europe, and who could benefit from an inexpensive and cheap alternative, such as Natrasan Spray which costs only € 8:49 from Amaxzon.es in Spain. Also in many European countries Avenova and Hyprochlor is simply not available.

If you plan to discuss the use of NatraSan First Aid Spray with your doctor or pharmacist, then please present them with the facts provided above about the Natrasan and the Hypochlor sprays, so that they can make an informed decision as otherwise the mere fact that Natrasan is a first aid spray and disinfectant may immediately cause them to reject it.

I have gathered more information on this subject would be pleased to provided it to anybody who desires it. Hope this is useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-VWxQQyX4

I appreciate your research and update. Have you seen this comparison study on the Avenova site?
    https://avenova.com/wp-content/uploa...-Cleansers.pdf

Also, I see that Heyedrate has a similar product. This is obviously an ad, but at least you can see the comparison.
    https://bit.ly/2xuL5rF

You many have to cut and paste those links into your url finder. The link utility here did not work for me.

With insurance, Avenova will cost me $75 a month, which is a big savings, but still a financial hit. I have not tried it yet. I'm supposed to pick up a sample at my optometrist's office today.

Comment

Hi Sisyphus

Thanks for the two links. I was particularly interested in finding out if Natrasan First Aid Spray could be used as alternative to Avenova, which it seems to be the case. None of the other hypochlorous sprays potentially useful for eye care are available in Europe, at least not in Spain where live. Eyelove's Heyedrade cleanser seems an interesting an affordable alternative to Avenova. I like the fact that unlike Ocusoft's Hyhpochlor it does not use a preservative. However, I have not spend as much time investigating it and I am only familiar with the claims made by the manufacturer. Perhaps somebody in this forum has more infornmtmion or tried out the spray. Anyway, I hope the Avenova spray works for you. I would be interested to know how you get on with it.

Comment

One more thought about Heyedrate, Sisyphus. I have not noticed any mention in any of the advertisements I read about Heyedrate that the product has been approved by the FDA. I don't know if that is significant.

Incidentally, I have used the Natrasan First Aid spray for one week now and have already noticed a spectacular improvement. Once I have used the spray for about two weeks. I will report my experience to this community.

Comment

Originally posted by hannsho View Post
          Consider the characteristics of NatraSan First Aid Spray:

· Hypochlorous acid of 0.017%

· pH neutral

· Saline solution of 0.05%

· No preservatives
          Thanks for posting about this. Just wondering where you got the hypochlorous and saline percentages of natrasan, as I wasn't able to find these myself?

I'm already using natrasan (thanks to mgd1701's posts) for a little while.

Comment

Hi Meibum Ian

I got it directly from NatraSan in response to an email enquiry. However, they ignored a first email and only provided the information after my wife sent them an email with a different wording in which she made no mention at all of eye hygiene!

Comment

Wow, spectacular improvement. Keep us posted. I had good improvement with a product containing 1% tea tree oil, for about two weeks, then my eyes started feeling worse again. So I'm interested in your course of improvement.

Comment

Perhaps I should qualify this 'spectacular improvement'. Let me explain. I go to bed at 12 o'clock at night when I use Hylo Gel drops in both eyes. During the night I usually wake up about four time to go to the toilet (which is not unusual for men of my age) and on every occasion I instill a drop of Thealoz eye drops. If I don't do this my eyes, specifically my left eye, are red and very dry in the morning. Now, last night for some peculiar reason - perhaps I was dehydrated - I did not wake up until 6:30 in the morning and my eyes were neither very red nor did they feel uncomfortable. In fact, I did not even feel the need to use tear drops. Based on my experience that is something that should be impossible. It also happens that yesterday was the 7th day of my using the Natrasan spray.

However, that may have been an exception, like my not waking up during the night. There is always the possibility of 'regression to the mean'. This is why I think it I wise to wait about two to three weeks before assessing the situation. Novabay says improvement usually sets in after about two week of use of their product. Tomorrow morning will be different, because I will, as usual, have applied about 4 drops during the night.

Comment

I have been using NatraSan First Aid Spray (with pure HOCL), since I found it around July 2017 & often have been sharing it here too. Only in about 2 days no more constant tearing (causing skin irritation) and discharge despite of the fact that all 10 doctors said I did not have inflammation/demodex.

I have read/heard a lot about HOCL/Avenova from many American opinion leaders. It triggered my curiosity & adventurous spirit so I searched for alternatives as I can not get Avenova nor other brands. I have found 2 other brands but only the 3rd one NatraSan helps.

Delighted to share the following important/interesting points, based on my research/experiments, after all NatraSan is NOT Avenova - pretty identical, both are PURE, which is important as NOT all HOCL are the same - pure is safer (for my eyes).

-Many top doctors/professors in USA recommend (pure) HOCL.
                  They say it is safe/effective to control bacteria overgrow & no antibiotic resistance.

-doxy: Some doctors even mention that such spary can reduce doxy.
                  for example, Dr/professor John Sheppard video
                  ''Avenova Webinar with Dr John Sheppard - Optimize Treatment for Your Dry Eye Patients (Oct 11, 2017)''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmetMN92SM&t=2s

-How?: I spray to closed eyes or with q-tip, 1-3 times a day.

-lid hygiene is so important, which I came to realize after using NatraSan. I have tried various market brands.

There are many articles from all professional journals too. The product has been on the market since 2014, if I remember correctly.
                  Last edited by MGD1701; 12-Feb-2019, 15:38.

Comment

Hi MGD 1701
                    Thanks for sharing your experience with Natrasan First Aid Spray and the valuable information you provided.

I have one question. In your post you said:
                    '-doxy: Some drs even mentioned that such spray can reduce doxy (study show)'.

Does this mean that using a HOCI spray reduces the need for medication with doxycycline, and do have a reference to the study you mentioned?

Just curious, thanks.

Comment

Yes, it means use less doxy, according to this famous Dr/professor John Sheppard (following video, 33:30)
                      This long (50 min) video explains very well HOW & WHY Avenova works

Other drs mentioned similiar things too but I can not remember their names.
                      Maybe Avenova website have more info??
                      I am a firm believer that healthy diet can serve the same purpose - medication has too many side effects.

Avenova Webinar with Dr. John Sheppard - Optimize Treatment for Your Dry Eye Patients (Oct 11, 2017)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmetMN92SM&t=2s
                      Last edited by MGD1701; 07-Jun-2018, 14:59.

Comment

Just to chime in here - I’ve used both Avenova and Heyedrate for dry eye and for me Heyedrate works better. It makes my eyes feel moist for a good 3-4 hours.

Comment

Hi okhuskerfan,
                          Thanks for sharing your experience with Avenova and Heyedrate. The more comments we get the easier it will be to form an impression of the efficacy of hypochlorous acid for treating eye problems related to dry eye.
                          This gives me an idea. Perhaps it might be useful to describe what hypochlorous acid is actually supposed to achieve to help people suffering from blepharitis, MGD or dry eye. Once we know what it is supposed to do, or say the rationale behind its use, then we might be in a better position to judge if it actually does what it is supposed to do - or at least it will give us an idea of what benefit we might expect from its use.
                          I will try to find out what this rationale is and report back to the community if I find a compelling reason for using hypochlorous acid for blepharitis, MGD and Dry Eye.
                          Last edited by hannsho; 06-Jun-2018, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post

I'm already using natrasan (thanks to mgd1701's posts) for a little while.
                            ----------------------------------
                            Hi Ian
                            Would you mind sharing with us your experience with NatraSan?
                            How long have you been using it, do you find it also useful? If so, in what way etc.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
                              ----------------------------------
                              Hi Ian
                              Would you mind sharing with us your experience with NatraSan?
                              How long have you been using it, do you find it also useful? If so, in what way etc.
                              Thanks!
                              Hi,

I have seen some improvement in Meibomian gland function since starting a few weeks ago.

However this could also be down to a couple of other things. I started lactofferin around the same time and have also been able to start clearing some stubborn glands (the oil from which would cause immense stinging and burning when extracted). I am at least confident it's not making things worse!

I have been prescribed optase tea tree oil lid wipes for possible demodex, but I am thinking to stick with Natrasan as this should also work on demodex I believe?

I am grateful for your sharing of your research on this product!

Comment

Working...
                              X