Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatraSan First Aid Spray may be safe for eyelid hygiene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giacomo View Post
    Do you have thoughts about this “surfactant cleanser” I write about ?
    No, sorry. I've never had any visible build up on my lid margins, so have not looked into that.

Comment

Firstly, my apologies for not answering earlier. Since my eye problem has now mostly been cured, I have not visited the forum for some time. Giacomo, I really don’t know much about Tea Tree Oil. My fear would be that combing the spray with TTO could degrade the antibacterial action of the hypchlorous acid, the active agent of the spray, and make the treatment less effective. I use the spray in the morning and at night by spraying it onto a cotton pad, and then wiping it several times over the eyelash line of my closed eyes. What SAAG said also makes sense to me and I have heard of people using the spray this way. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Hi Daniel (Guest)
        I would like to thank you for sharing the email response of NATRASAN to your questions if the spray was safe to use for eyelid hygiene. The fact that they said it was safe to use for this purpose is really excellent news and will help POTENTIALLY THOUDANDS OF SUFFERERS - it will also bring peace of mind to those, like me, who are already using it!

Comment

Originally posted by hannsho View Post
          Perhaps I should qualify this 'spectacular improvement'. Let me explain. I go to bed at 12 o'clock at night when I use Hylo Gel drops in both eyes. During the night I usually wake up about four time to go to the toilet (which is not unusual for men of my age) and on every occasion I instill a drop of Thealoz eye drops. If I don't do this my eyes, specifically my left eye, are red and very dry in the morning. Now, last night for some peculiar reason - perhaps I was dehydrated - I did not wake up until 6:30 in the morning and my eyes were neither very red nor did they feel uncomfortable. In fact, I did not even feel the need to use tear drops. Based on my experience that is something that should be impossible. It also happens that yesterday was the 7th day of my using the Natrasan spray.

However, that may have been an exception, like my not waking up during the night. There is always the possibility of 'regression to the mean'. This is why I think it I wise to wait about two to three weeks before assessing the situation. Novabay says improvement usually sets in after about two week of use of their product. Tomorrow morning will be different, because I will, as usual, have applied about 4 drops during the night.
          WOW!!! I use the same products..truly the world best

Comment

Hi,
            Please read through this article noted below that clearly explains a strong connection between the biofilm that is built up along our eye lid margins overtime and the dry eye syndrome. After reading this article, one can understand why HOCL has been so beneficial in treating signs and symptoms of dry eye for so many people. It may take time but eventually it will control the problem. Biofilm takes decades to build to a point where the bacteria start causing issues with your Meibomian glands so it makes sense for it to take time to get under control. Remember we don't want all of the bacteria to go away as some of it is essential to keep a healthy biological atmosphere to prevent infection. The percentage of HOCL matters though. I have personally used 0.01% and 0.02% both pure HOCL. The 0.01% would not sting and you can directly spray it on your closed eyes but 0.02% stings if sprayed directly on the eyelids, although more effective due to its higher concentration. Best to use the 0.02% HOCL with a cotton pad instead of directly spraying onto your closed eyes. I also use Blephadex tea tree wipes once a day, although I have not been diagnosed with demodex. In fact, none of the eye doctors I have visited so far had ever pointed me to eyelid hygiene which is very strange. It is just my own research and reading through website articles that I have now found out the reason behind my eyelid inner margin inflammation. I am depressed how eye doctors are still ignorant of this basic theory behind dry eye syndrome and are not instructing their patients to do eyelid hygiene on a regular basis. How many more dry eye sufferers they need before they start advocating the importance of lid hygiene?

https://www.aao.org/education/curren...role-of-biofil

I wish everyone a speedy recovery. Thank you for providing your input into this thread and keeping everybody informed about your personal experience. It does makes a huge difference. God bless.

Comment

Hi,
              Please read through this article noted below that clearly explains a strong connection between the biofilm that is built up along our eye lid margins overtime and the dry eye syndrome. After reading this article, one can understand why HOCL has been so beneficial in treating signs and symptoms of dry eye for so many people. It may take time but eventually it will control the problem. Biofilm takes decades to build to a point where the bacteria start causing issues with your Meibomian glands so it makes sense for it to take time to get under control. Remember we don't want all of the bacteria to go away as some of it is essential to keep a healthy biological atmosphere to prevent infection. The percentage of HOCL matters though. I have personally used 0.01% and 0.02% both pure HOCL. The 0.01% would not sting and you can directly spray it on your closed eyes but 0.02% stings if sprayed directly on the eyelids, although more effective due to its higher concentration. Best to use the 0.02% HOCL with a cotton pad instead of directly spraying onto your closed eyes. I also wipe my eyes at least once a day with wipes containing tea tree oil and coconut oil, although I have not been diagnosed with demodex. In fact, none of the eye doctors I have visited so far had ever pointed me to eyelid hygiene which is very strange. It is just my own research and reading through website articles that I have now found out the reason behind my eyelid inner margin inflammation. I also use Xiidra twice a day to control inflammation which is working great.

https://www.aao.org/education/curren...role-of-biofil

I wish everyone a speedy recovery. Thank you for providing your input into this thread and keeping everybody informed about your personal experience. It does make a huge difference. God bless.

Comment

Working...
              X