Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low tear break up time and blurred vison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low tear break up time and blurred vison.

If someone has a low tear film break up time does it cause the vision to go blurry? On steroid drops mine was over 8 seconds and vision was amazingly sharp. Before treatment it was 3 seconds and at my last appointment about 7 weeks ago was 4 seconds and my vision has not been as good by a long way my eyes also feel dry and sore most of the time.

my TBUT (by fluorescein) is low too but verison has been pretty good - no burry.
    My Non-invasive TBUT (NI-TBUT) is always higher than TBUT.
    According to Dr./Prof. Chris Starr, NI-TBUT is objective yet traditional fluorescein is highly variable.

My dr solution to low TBUT is lipid-based drop, when I asked the causes.

Last edited by MGD1701; 15-Aug-2018, 16:00.

Comment

thanks. My vision gets greatly reduced when my eyes are sore and dry. Not sure why.

Comment

Gland images, oil quality, good to check/monitor these, if you have not done so.

What are your regimen? Do you take omega 3 etc?

Comment

Omega 3 yes hot compress once a night and ikervis. My tear break up time went up drastically on steroid drops I need to discuss this with my doc. To see if there's anyway can get it back up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
            Omega 3 yes hot compress once a night and ikervis. My tear break up time went up drastically on steroid drops I need to discuss this with my doc. To see if there's anyway can get it back up there.
            Ikervis (Cyclosporine) can take several months to work, you can also try antibiotics (Azyter) to reduce inflammation with (perhaps) less side effects as steriods.

Comment

Thanks been on the ikervis 6months it did appear to be working but my eyes have tailed off this last 7 weeks. Since my last appointment. Just no if I book to go back to be seen. My eyes will be feeling not too bad that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
                Thanks been on the ikervis 6months it did appear to be working but my eyes have tailed off this last 7 weeks. Since my last appointment. Just no if I book to go back to be seen. My eyes will be feeling not too bad that day.
                Try and get on some antibiotics , its clear you have an inflammation problem since steriods help. Antibiotics (i.e., Azyter) can help reduec inflammation. Azyter is also super cheap as well and very effective drug for MGD.

Try and get IPL treatment as well; as lot of MGD patients seem to respond to it.

Comment

How do you know if vision issues are a tear film issue or nearsightedness?

Comment

Not sure I no my refraction isn't stable
                    Whenever I return from a trip abroad with flying my eyesight goes terrible for a few days. It's crazy then when I had no dryness due to the steroid drops I could see 20/10. 6/4. In one eye. I know tear film does seem to make a huge difference to vison
                    ​ ​​​

​​​

​​​ ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Kabuto View Post
                      How do you know if vision issues are a tear film issue or nearsightedness?
                      Very good question.

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 12-Oct-2018, 08:29.

Comment

Working...
                        X