Every symptom completely gone for 6 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every symptom completely gone for 6 hours

at 10:30am today I was on the phone with amazon customer service and all of a sudden, I began sweating profusely. I got extremely hungry, and when I hung the phone up, it was drenched in sweat. This is how my body has ALWAYS been up until 2 years ago. Then I noticed I had zero eye dryness...literally none. I haven't neede drops in 6 hours and I feel amazing. Not just my eyes, my depression, gone, I'm so happy, I'm thinking very sharply, I have so much energy. Something shifted...I believe this further indicates a thyroid issue. I finally feel like I am getting a handle on this. I'm also hepeful that if I take care of my thyroid, I can/will feel better.

The only thing i changed...I started adding seaweed to my food because it's high in iodine and natural. I also started selenium 100mcg twice a day. I'm not sure if this is part of why I feel better...but I only use sea salt. Sea salt is not iodized...I'm literally taking in zero iodine...again, not claiming this is why I feel better, but just talking out loud. Maybe someone else can chime in that's had thyroid issues.

Has anyone here been "cured" of dry eye by fixing their thyroid? I read, I believe, one thread of a person with hashimotos fixing their dry eye here in this site. Would love to hear from anyone out there with TED or floppy eyelid syndrome.
    Last edited by Dowork123; 03-Sep-2018, 13:43.

Im happy to hear you feel better. I too have thought this might be a thyroid issue because i have really cold/ sweaty hands and feet. Cold sweaty head. Sometimes im a little nervous and i will sweat a shirt from armpit all the way down to the hem. Thats so much liquid.

I will start taking seaweed and selenium today. See if i get any effect. My problem is no functioning glands so no possibility of easy success.

All my hope is on IPL and azithromycin right now.

Comment

The azasite should help your glands A LOT....it burns but it works to uncap glands. But I'm going to say this again, if you got relief for a week, relief is 100% possible. So now it's just finding what will give you that relief. I'm going on 10 months of this and I FINALLY have some idea what's going on. I know it's hard to be patient, but I think you'll get there too if you keep pressing for answers.

edmunder

Comment

Caution that correlation does not imply causation . I am really happy you feel better . Please keep us posted!

Comment

deep_dry_eye what exactly do you mean by this?

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
            deep_dry_eye what exactly do you mean by this?
            He's saying that just because I've seen a pattern of behavior, it doesn't mean my changes caused that behavior. That's true...it's also true that sometimes correlation does imply causation...you just have to be smart enough to read through the lines.

Comment

UPDATE

slept upright again and my right eye got a hair dry, but nothing near as bad as it's been. I noticed again this morning, no need for tears, my compress didn't dry my eyes like usual, I feel great. As for last night, that was odd. I started getting shots of adrenaline that kept waking me up the first hour I tried to sleep. Barely got any sleep but again, feel fantastic. I genuinely believe I had some weird hormonal shift yesterday.

Ill keep you posted how my day goes today. I feel like something changed. My mood, my eyes, my sleep...so odd!

Comment

Wow, this is great news imagine if this was it, all your dry eye problems over with!!! Give us another update as soon as possible...

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
                  Wow, this is great news imagine if this was it, all your dry eye problems over with!!! Give us another update as soon as possible...
                  My eyes are 97% good right now...haven't used drops since I put serum in after my compress. That was about 3.5 hours ago. I feel so good..my mood is so good. I feel like myself again...not just my eyes. I'm me again...it's just so odd man. For my mental state to shift that fast...3 days ago I could barely talk to my wife my brain was so fogged. My feet were burning, I was so depressed and felt so weak. No energy...literally dragging my feet when I walk I'm so tired....and now...he complete opposite. No burning feet, feel great, want to go play some basketball lol, just happy, hungry, I'm sweating again...I just feel like my old self. So happy.

Comment

Hi Dowork
                    Congr. so happy for you and your family
                    Thanks for sharing.
                    I

Last edited by MGD1701; 25-Aug-2018, 15:14.

Comment

Dowork123 - get out there and play some basketball and enjoy yourself cos you deserve it

for the hunger, order a pizza with omega 3 sauce and a splash of eye drops! Or just use a pizza slice as a warm compress itís up to you...

Comment

Dowork123 , Iím so happy for you and hope it lasts. At worst, at least you know it IS possible to feel much better.

I really believe it can be finding 1-2 of the right things that address the underlying condition can make a material difference. And it might not be something typical that helps because we can have different underlying conditions, we have different diets, and our bodies can react differently to the same treatments, meds, foods, supplements, etc. The addition of the lemon juice in my green tea worked similarly for me, within less than a week of starting that, my eyes felt so much better, it was a miracle. And after a month I tested its efficacy by stopping it and the dryness started returning. So you can definitely test this now that you think youíve narrowed it down to the seaweed and selenium.

Hope this keeps up for you!
                        Last edited by Hokucat; 25-Aug-2018, 13:43.

Comment

UPDATE

Same thing today...after my compress, I put in serum, and used drops once when I was out of the house. I have no burning in the right eye, which was my biggest symptom as of late. Sleeping upright, ointment, bubble bandages, doxy 100mg 2x a day, perfect diet (zero cheating), adding selenium and sea weed, switching from theratears to oasis tears plus (also a big deal, the theratears was burning my eyelids didn't even realize it)...this is what's helped me.

No lie, it feels like my eyes are pushing back into my skull. It's as if they were protruding and that's why I couldn't blink all the way...that's why I believe the glands malfunctioned. I think it was all mechanical, meaning my eyeball was sticking so far out, it was pressing on the glands and essentially blocking them off from the inside.

im losing weight finally...this is definitely hormonal. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Most of that's water from not eating sugar, but I'll take what I can get lol.

Comment

This is really good news, so happy for you!!!!

Comment

Very positive news man! Been following your journey here and this is really encouraging to the rest of us.

Just some words of caution for those interested in supplementing Selenium:

The recommended Selenium daily dosage for adults is around 55 mcg and is found naturally in Chicken, Eggs, Sunflower Seeds, and seafood. It has numerous health benefits. However, many multivitamins, Men's Centrum for instance, contain 75-100 mcg per pill. So most of us would get well over the recommended Selenium daily dosage just eating these foods and taking a multivitamin daily.

From what I've read on WebMD and other online sources, an amount above 400 mcg per day is considered "overdosing" and can actually cause various health issues. So be sure to keep this in mind if you are already getting a decent amount of Selenium naturally in your diet and current supplementation before adding more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X