Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenova vs Ocusoft

Hi edmunder
    Glad to know from other posts that you have made some progress.

Since your doctor recommended you switched to Avenova, wondering if you find Avenova is better than Ocusoft?
    I can kind of guess why, based on my various experiments/research, but would love to know your experience.
    I actually think your local doctor is pretty good - at least identified the foamy tear and knows about Avenova. Impressive!!
    Last edited by MGD1701; 12-Jan-2019, 18:16.

Comment

• As for Avenova or Hypoclor from occusoft its hard to say.

My eyes have been doing better since switching but im only at about 10 weeks simce the switch.

I will continue to use Avenova but I sometimes use the Hypochlor to save money.

I do morning and night after doing warm compress. So maybe 1/4 of the time I use occusoft hypochlor.

Comment

• Originally posted by edmunder View Post
        As for Avenova or Hypoclor from occusoft its hard to say.

My eyes have been doing better since switching but im only at about 10 weeks simce the switch.

I do morning and night after doing warm compress. So maybe 1/4 of the time I use occusoft hypochlor.
        I want to add something that may help you. I was cleaning with Avenova after my compress. I felt that it was becoming a problem. After I applied heat to the eyes, the pores and everything were open. So when I spray the avenova, it’s almost like it would irritate my skin more. Maybe the avenova was penetrating my skin better because of the heat. Or maybe the skin was a bit raw and sensitive, so after the heat, it just made thins worse. Try cleaning before you do your compress. Or clean your eyes an hour after the compresss. That has helped a lot. I thought, in order to be super clean, I had to get any oil off my eyes that I expressed out. That doesn’t seem to matter much. What matters is that you keep that bacterial load down. I tried quitting the spray, in 3 days my eyes were on fire. Hopefully how you organize the hocl acid cleaning in relation to the compress adds some comfort. I do immediately use serum afterward to wash out/neutralize all that crappy oil in the eye. That seems to be the best scenario for me right now.

Off subject, I tried stoping the doxy too. Got sick and had to...after 3 dats, eyes got scratchy. Tried reinstating at 100mg. It was effective, but not great. Jumped back to 200mg, I’m feeling normal again. If I stop or adjust anything, I lose my comfort. I’m happy I can even be comfortable don’t get me wrong. But man it sucks im still so dependent on the drugs. I’m going that the cpap will reverse this buy I’m not so sure. I guess not time will tell. I guess I just though after starting the cpap I coukd pull back on the drugs a bit. Maybe I can, let’s give it some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by edmunder View Post
          As for Avenova or Hypoclor from occusoft its hard to say.

Hey -- I haven't followed up with you for awhile? How are you doing? Have you improved? Has IPL been able to help you?

Comment

Working...
          X